New music you’d like to share.

Daddyjt

The Aristocrats With Primuz Chamber Orchestra dropped on June 3rd. The album came about after the band stumbled across the PCO playing one of their songs, and they liked their arrangement so much that a collaboration was proposed. The result is 9 songs from across The Aristocrats' catalog reimagined from the floor up with lush orchestration raising the bar where it had only previously been implied. The album is available on CD, hi-res 24/96 download, and limited edition gatefold double vinyl.

Additionally, the band embarks on a 50 show N. American tour starting July 1st. Details at the-aristocrats-band.com

Here's the first visualizer video, The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde.

Edited by weitrhino
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3
  • Love this! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jackie Venson,  Love Transcends was released on September 24, 2021.

"... she hadn’t made a strictly blues-centric album until her latest offering, Love Transcends. After a few years of playing the guitar, she had started “happily” wandering sonically, incorporating and blending more genres. She likes how one can push the boundaries of any genre by “introducing little facets of others.” "

I discovered Jackie Venson via Austin CIty Limits, and I am amazed, even overwhelmed at the shear joy she exudes while performing. Even though she spoke about Black Lives Matter, she did so in a way that came from her soul, and she did so without coming across as only black lives matter. Her message was spot on in that she said several times, "We all matter."

On ACL, Venson and Tameca Jones did a cover of SRV's Texas Flood. I've included that performance here.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpeg.9f9aa6572978d5aabfbaf3ae76d44721.jpeg

A bit of fudging here, however, an anthology is an entryway into new artists for those on the lookout.

"Hellbound Train is a double-album retrospective from Steve Tibbetts with music selected by the US guitarist from 40 years of recordings on ECM . Neatly divided into electric and acoustic chapters, the anthology juxtaposes pieces... With its liquid melodies and textures and hypnotic patterns and pulsations subtly influenced by music of many cultures. it’s an ideal introduction to a unique body of work. At different times Tibbetts might seem closer to minimalism, alternate rock or ambient music, yet his artistic signature is unmistakable."

• Thank You 2

• 1 month later...

Altered Five Blues Band, Holler If You Hear Me was released on September 3, 2021.

"Milwaukee’s outrageously cool Altered Five Blues Band gets one step closer to world domination with the release of their new platter Holler If You Hear Me. Set to break out September 3rd, 2021 on Blind Pig Records, the album was made over the span of only five days in Nashville, Tennessee with three-time Grammy-winning producer Tom Hambridge (Buddy Guy) at the helm. Hambridge produced the band’s earlier chart-topping album Ten Thousand Watts and has developed a musically successful relationship and workflow with the members of Altered Five that seems to level up every time they all get together. Holler If You Hear Me is an absolutely stomping good time and proves once again that Altered Five Blues Band rates among the top roots music acts in the business. The group is tight, fully seasoned, and capable of writing songs that stand tall and sound fresh, which is exactly what they do on this, their sixth album."

You can read the rest of the review here...

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

• 5 weeks later...

Alan Parsons, From The New World was released on July 15, 2022.

"The Grammy Award winning musical icon released his previous studio album The Secret back in April of 2019. From The New World continues with the classic sound Parsons has become known for during his impressive 50+ year career by fusing progressive, symphonic, and classic rock elements together throughout this stunning album. Besides David Pack and Joe Bonamassa, guest appearances include Tommy Shaw of STYX and American Idol alumni James Durbin, all of whom blend seamlessly with Alan and his incredible band, who all worked on the album.  Other featured APLP vocalists are long time lead singer P.J. Olsson, Todd Cooper and Dan Tracey."

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 1

The Doobie Brothers, Liberté was released on October 1, 2021.

"Liberté, the band’s first new release in seven years, finds Doobies mainstays Tom Johnston, Pat Simmons, and John McFee making their first studio foray in seven years, and ready to roll out on tour with Michael McDonald back in the band as well.

Liberté finds the Grammy-winning band and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees reviving the signature sound they honed prior to McDonald’s arrival. Echoes of the early classics “Listen to the Music,” “Rockin’ Down the Highway,” “Taking It to the Streets,” and “China Grove” dominate the album, with several tracks—“Oh Mexico,” “Wherever We Go,” “Easy,” and “Just Can’t Do This Alone” in particular—serving as flashbacks of sorts, as if they were rescued from the vault, recently resurfaced and newly revived."

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

2 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

Alan Parsons, From The New World was released on July 15, 2022.

Can't wait to get a copy of this.  Absolutely classic APP!  I've only heard the couple of tracks that were pre-released, but they were enough to make this a fantastic album.

The Doobie Brothers, Liberté was released on October 1, 2021.

Wow, another time machine!  No question they still know which end of the guitar goes where!

I definitely have a couple of albums to add to the collection!!!

Ozzy Osbourne, Patient Number 9 was released on September 9, 2022.

"Following the same game plan as its predecessor, Patient Number 9 sees Ozzy working once more with producer/multi-instrumentalist/songwriter Andrew Watt. And like Ordinary Man, Ozzy and Watt have recruited an impressive A-list assortment of renowned rockers to contribute to the album. Included are guitar icons Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, and Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi, plus longtime collaborator Zakk Wylde, along with Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready, Metallica’s Robert Trujillo, Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Chad Smith, Guns N’ Roses’ Duff McKagan, and late Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins."

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

Ozzy Osbourne, Patient Number 9 was released on September 9, 2022.

Very cool, thanks for sharing! I just saved the full playlist to listen to on the main stereo later today:

• Thank You 1

Robin Trower, No More Worlds to Conquer was released on April 29, 2022.

"Boundless British guitar maestro Robin Trower takes us up into the heavens once again on his new album No More Worlds To Conquer. The record comes out April 29th, 2022 on the Provogue/Mascot Label Group imprint and finds the 76-year-old Trower still pushing himself to his limits and beyond.

The record jumps off with the cracking “Ball Of Fire,” a crunchy, insistent mid-tempo track that is absolutely drenched in gorgeous Strat tones and Richard Watts’ emotive vocals. Trower’s playing has long had some Hendrix to it but he mixes that inspiration with his own lines and feels to arrive at a style that’s transfixing and expressive. He puts it down here like a blues/rock hero fully connected to the source of his flow."

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2

Postcards (Lebanese dream-pop band):

TVMOZ Intro: (00:00)
Home is So Sad (00:12)
Flowers in Your Hair (04:00)
Bruises (08:35)
Hunting Season (11:40)
January (15:15)
TVMOZ Outro: (18:240

Edited by mddawson
  • Thank You 1

image.png.65abaf6ee0e18ecbd85917b175c172a2.png

Ruins and Remains, a suite for piano, string quartet and percussion, was composed by Wolfert Breferode in 2018, to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I. Over time, however, it has come to embody meanings broader and more personal, with wide-ranging resonances. “At a number of levels, the piece has to do with grief and loss and learning to stand up again,” Dutch pianist Brederode says. There is a vulnerable but resilient quality to the music, as it hovers over its emotional terrain, with moods both bleak and guardedly hopeful.  Highly sensitive playing by Brederode, percussionist Joost Lijbaart and the Matangi Quartet (increasingly regarded as one of Holland’s most adventurous string quartets).

• Thank You 1

Just ordered "Requiem for the Americas" by Jon Anderson from Amazon. Really didn't know that there was an album of it. It is a sit in the dark and listen sort of experience for me. Combines the talents of Jon Anderson and others with Native American. I do know that the recording has some very catching air to it, and I remember once that a dancer was at my feet, shaking a rattle while the music played. Moving piece to be sure.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sammy Hagar & The Circle, Crazy Times was released on September 30, 2022.

"The Circle, which includes Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony, drummer Jason Bonham, and guitarist Vic Johnson, has been Hagar’s primary touring band since 2015. Their debut LP Space Between arrived in 2019. Crazy Times marks their first collaboration with Cobb (Chris Stapleton) and features nine new songs and a cover of the 1978 Elvis Costello classic “Pump It Up.”"

You can read the rest of the article here...

• That Rocks 1

Queensryche, Digital Noise Alliance was released on October 7, 2022.

"This is the band’s COVID lockdown album, largely written during the worst parts of 2020 and 2021, and at just over an hour, Digital Noise Alliance has a lot to say. Opener “In Extremis” is like a classic Rÿche tune from the late 80s. The urgent prog-metal attack would have fit on Rage for Order and Mindcrime without a bump, and Todd La Torre does an impressive Tate homage as the song rumbles along with power and poise. The bulk of what follows is very good. “Chapters” and Lost in Sorrow” feel like lost Empire cuts and have that same slick, easy charm. “Lost in Sorrow” feels especially classic, reminding me why I love this band’s 80s/early 90s output so deeply, and “Behind the Walls” is a big highlight, delivering an extra emotional set piece full of passion and power. Mr. La Torre is unleashed and shows what he can do with his massive voice and feelings will be felt here with chanted lines like “Did you ever love me? Did you ever love you?” “Nocturnal Light” also brings the thunder with a powerful, brooding energy that seethes as it gathers momentum."

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bryan Adams, So Happy It Hurts was released on March 11, 2022.

"His latest album, So Happy It Hurts, is the feel-good record we need right now during these troubled times. Playing all the instruments on the new record except additional six-string help from longtime guitar player Keith Scott, the new album demonstrates Adams’ enduring ability to write and record picture-perfect rock and roll songs meant to be blasted on car radios around the world."

You can read the rest of the review/article/interview here...

This album is produced by Mutt Lange and Bryan Adams

• That Rocks 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Cruel Country, Wilco's latest, is anything but cruel: it's a long-form love letter to an American artform, specifically the one described by the title's second word."

More here...

Edited by dcl
Text & link
  • Thank You 2

• 4 weeks later...