New music you’d like to share.

Daddyjt

Five Finger Death Punch, Afterlife was released on August 19, 2022.

"Near-death-experiences, bust-ups and solo albums - Five Finger Death Punch pushed themselves to their limits to make new album AfterLife.

Stepping out of a gleaming black electric Porsche, Five Finger Death Punch frontman Ivan Moody takes off his sunglasses and replaces them with an eyepatch. It’s a necessity since an accident at Florida’s Welcome To Rockville festival, where an onstage laser nearly blinded him. “My entire right eye went black and they told me I’d singed the back of my retina,” he says. “So, welcome to the new pirate Ivan!” 

You can read the rest of the article here...

• Thank You 2

• 4 months later...

Bonnie Raitt, Just Like That was released on April 22, 2022.

Just Like That... is the eighteenth studio album by American singer, songwriter, and guitarist Bonnie Raitt. The album was nominated for a Grammy award for Best Americana Album in 2023. Its title track won the Grammy Award for Song of the Year and Best American Roots Song and lead single "Made Up Mind" won Best Americana Performance.

The title track is especially touching to me. It's the story of a woman who is visited by a man who's the recipient of her son's heart, which he received in a life-saving organ donation operation.  He allows her to listen to his chest to hear her son's heart beat. It's touching to me because my brother was a donor. While his heart and lungs weren't usable, I've received letters that his bone cells, bone marrow, skin cells, stem cells, and corneas have all been used. To think that so many can lead better lives due one's passing... It's a final  act of kindness.

• Thank You 2

• 3 weeks later...

Metallica, 72 Seasons was released on April 14, 2023.

"The new “72 Seasons” comes close to Metallica’s bone-crushing, skull-f%$3ng, ire-clinging peak, with more raging guitar solos courtesy of Kirk Hammett, if just a hint of the lyrical anger management by James Hetfield that we’ve heard since the therapy sessions contained in 2004’s “Metallica: Some Kind of Monster” doc. "

You can read the rest of the review here...

Uriah Heep, Chaos and Colour was released on January 27, 2023

"While many 75-year-olds enjoy a nice cup of tea and the warmth of a pair of slippers,guitarist Mick Box has just completed a 25th studio album with the hard ’n’ heavy band he formed back in 1969. Uriah Heep may always miss out on the mainstream recognition and respect enjoyed by Zeppelin, Purple and Sabbath, but Box’s boys have recorded more truly great albums than any of their more celebrated peers, if only through sheer persistence and enthusiasm. "

• That Rocks 2

Joe Bonamassa, Tales of Time was released on April 14, 2023.

This is a live album recorded over 2 nights at Colorado's Red Rocks Amphitheater.

"Tales of Time features the blues-rock superstar in peak form, performing raw and rocking tunes, pushing the boundaries of the genre with his band of superb musicians. It’s the next best thing to seeing Bonamassa live, as he seems to give in to his performances, letting loose on guitar riffs and solos, and genuinely enjoying enjoying the collaboration with his band. Against the stunning visual backdrop of the venue, few can deny the thrill of watching him perform."

• Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Sk1Bum said:

"While many 75-year-olds enjoy a nice cup of tea and the warmth of a pair of slippers,guitarist Mick Box has just completed a 25th studio album with the hard ’n’ heavy band he formed back in 1969. Uriah Heep may always miss out on the mainstream recognition and respect enjoyed by Zeppelin, Purple and Sabbath, but Box’s boys have recorded more truly great albums than any of their more celebrated peers, if only through sheer persistence and enthusiasm. "

We used to blow the windows out of our car listening to "Easy Livin" back in the day. Good stuff.

• That Rocks 2

14 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

That's about as classic U.H. as you can get.  Feel like I just stepped back to the early 70's.  Very cool! |-|:D

• Thank You 1

Jethro Tull, RökFlöte was released on April 21, 2023.

"Thirteen songs about Norse gods and pagan rites. Tricky musical arrangements that incorporate shifting dynamics and challenging time signatures. Passages both sung and spoken - some in Icelandic. Does it get any more prog than that? The good news is that's exactly what we'd want Jethro Tull's 23rd album, RokFlote, to be.

Read More: Jethro Tull, 'RokFlote': 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Dave Matthews Band, Walk Around the Moon was released on May 19, 2023.

"Dave Matthews Band albums seesaw between joy and angst. On the home front, with a partner and family, the songs find affection, pleasure and ease. Beyond it, the wider world holds strife and dread. And looking inward can be just as troubling...."

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ana Popovic, Power was released on May 5, 2023.

"Highly acclaimed guitarist, singer, songwriter Ana Popovic celebrates her guitar-driven, eclectic music style through consistent touring, awards, and recognition for the past 25 years. In the process, she’s emerged as one of the most thoughtful, dynamic, and committed performers."

The review also has a testament of Ana's grit. During the recording of this album, she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

"scheduled demos, recordings, re-recordings, and live shows with her band took place between her treatments. She never missed a show."

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2

• 2 weeks later...

In the making and coming soon, radar shows it's on the horizon:  A new Beatle album assisted with A.I. brings back the dead to assist with the living:

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/beatles-paul-mccartney-artificial-intelligence/2023/06/13/id/1123359/?ns_mail_uid=1eda5127-ed75-44da-88e0-f0a89ba7ec6c&ns_mail_job=DM486934_06132023&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010102p9mok0

• Thank You 1

Hmmm. I have various records that represent great performances but the recordings just aren't very good. I have tried to acquire multiple  unopened mint condition copies to no avail. Maybe some AI could do its magic with them?

• Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...

Amiira, Curious ObjectsGarden Of SilenceKlaus Gesing, Björn Meyer, Samuel Rohrer

℗ 2023 Arjunamusic Records

Released on: 2023-05-05

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greta Van Fleet, Starcatcher was released on July 21, 2023.

"THERE’S NO WAY around it, so just let’s say it: On album number three, Greta Van Fleet still want to get the Led out. Despite being praised or damned for its fealty to the hammering of certain gods, the Michigan band is still not remotely backing down from its mission. The vaguely Celtic acoustic intro to “Meeting the Master,” the misty-mountain hopping in “Wasted All Your Life,” the Bonham big-bottom wallop that kicks off “Sacred the Thread,” the howling Plantesque vault in singer Josh Kiszka’s delivery: It’s simply impossible to listen to Starcatcher and, as with all their previous work, not think you’ve stumbled upon a vault of outtakes from Led Zeppelin and some of their peers."