New music you’d like to share.

Daddyjt

Understood. I recently went through and purged 75 records. Was somewhat traumatic but was stuff I really didn't see myself listening to. It was quite difficult to find that many.

it is a traumatic event. Purging some older records is my next step. I have not touched them for over 20 years and I will get my son to help with this phase.

2 hours ago, BobTFM35 said:

@Sk1Bum @Receiver2000 Ok, after seeing all this great new music I added more shelves to my storage rack. Broke out the table saw and added two new shelves of storage; about 110 cd capacity,  to handle the influx of tunes.

Pictures????   Or it didn't happen - to quote a friend, here!  :D

• Love this! 1

@Brian_at_HHH The two white shelves are from Lowes. They had to be cut to width and length. Also added black ones. They were made out of mdf and will hold about 35 cd's each to help handle the expected overflow of "New Tunes" coming out in the near future as viewed on this site.

The white shelves are expected to hold 56 to 70 each depending on the case thickness dimensions. So my math was a bit off, and the total holding capacity for all is about 185 +.

CDstorage.thumb.jpg.e84961273ee3771b3f705f17b5a89a5b.jpg

• That Rocks 1

9 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

M-m-m-maybe!

I think my computer certainly was.  Sorry about those - not sure w-w-what h-h-happened. :IAJG::V:(*,)

Hmm, now you see it, now you don't. :D

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Brittany Howard, What Now was released on Feb 9, 2024.

"So, as the new album’s title says, “What Now”? Well, for her Island Records debut, Howard has delivered a record that is every bit as uncompromising as its predecessor but much more fully realized — and it even includes a couple of bangers. The album opens with a virtual choir of Howards on the majestic “Earth Sign,” then follows with the gorgeous “I Don’t,” which sounds like an early ‘’70s soul hit by the Chi-Lites or the Delfonics — albeit with sweetly Auto-Tuned backing vocals. Things kick into high gear with the driving, funky title track — a fuzzed-out rocker with an intense, soaring chorus that’s the record’s most fan-pleasing and arguably most exciting song."

You can read the rest of the review here...

• Thank You 2

Vijay Iyer Trio, Compassion was released on Feb 2, 2024.

"Vijay Iyer, Linda May Han Oh and Tyshawn Sorey are going from strength to strength, showing no sign of disbanding and wholly justifying the term Supergroup. Compassion is their second album as a trio, following 2021's Uneasy (ECM Records)."

• That Rocks 2

Full disclosure, I have NOT listened to this yet (hopefully this weekend), BUT everything I am hearing about it suggests it will be a new reference recording for me….

IMG_9949.thumb.jpeg.2c090c4df64c4fab2fe34e1154b1e2d3.jpeg

IMG_9950.thumb.jpeg.78814791ee31a9055cb8e8d3bd25d4f7.jpeg

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

Bela Fleck, Rhapsody in Blue was released on February 12, 2024.

"It's a long way from India to Broadway, but Bela Fleck makes the journey in high style for Rhapsody in Blue. It follows the altogether exotic As We Speak (Thirty Tigers, 2023), the combination of which further a case for the banjoist/composer/bandleader as an eclectic musical explorer comparable to Pat Metheny.

Beginning in the slow-but-sure, occasionally fitful way this album's concept came together, "Rhapsody in Blue (grass)" features seemingly conventional banjo voicings alternated with George Gershwin's inimitable progressions. Those interludes with Fleck tourmates My Bluegrass Heart are segments capturing how that ensemble bonds with the banjoist in moments of alternating wit and empathy."

• Thank You 2
  • Love this! 1

Steve Hackett, The Circus and The Nightwhale was released on February 16, 2024,

"His thirtieth studio album outside of Genesis, it's as wide-ranging as the catalogue that precedes it. It's short on tunes to whistle, but generous in genres. Those expecting Genesis-like prog will delight in Ghost Moon And Living Lover and Into The Nightwhale, and perhaps the flute-adorned Enter The Ring."

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 1

Spoiler

Ditto. I was wondering  when the signature banjo was going to kick in on the Gershwin tune. That one makes me remember the United Airlines jingle.

Edited by Receiver2000
  • Thank You 1

Some fantastic music posted in this thread!

Here's some George Lynch, one of the greatest guitarists in the industry.  There are few players you can pick out instantly, and he's one of them.  Saw Lynch Mob a few years ago, won a signed guitar in a raffle; have it in a nice display case on my office wall.  It's good to see these guys from the 80s still tearing it up!

He teamed up with Corey Glover from Living Color (Ultraphonix) and with Michael Sweet from Stryper for several albums.  He teamed up with Dino for a few Dirty Shirley albums as well.

Saw someone posted a Leo track; this is my fav video from him.

• Thank You 2

Blackberry Smoke, Be Right Here was released on February 16, 2024.

"They recorded Be Right Here at Nashville’s historic RCA Studio “A” under the guidance of GRAMMY-winning producer Dave Cobb (Chris Stapleton, Jason Isbell). It features ten tracks with the band’s signature blend of rock and roll, Americana-type ballads, and classic southern rock."

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Julian Lage, Speak To Me was released on March 1, 2024.

"Jazz can be abstract when it needs to be, trafficking in moods and colours, and so it is here, where Speak To Me can take us from the papery textures and unfinished thoughts of Hymnal, right into the skronky über-groove of Northern Shuffle and its thrill-ride lead motif that has the character of Link Wray through the wormhole, and then on into the pastoral acoustic melodies of Omission."

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

David Reece, Baptized By Fire was released on March 1, 2024.

"Most listeners should enjoy the intertwining of European musicians next to a seasoned singer such as David Reece. Baptized By Fire explores a bit more of the man’s heavier side, still injecting that classic rock, blues, and soulful nuances that are timeless and quintessential to his professional career. This should be interesting to see how the chemistry continues for future records as it’s already magical here."

This is not my usual listening fore, but I do enjoy this album a great deal. Reece and crew are just this much ->||<- shy of Five Finger Death Punch on the metal scale. I enjoy both when I'm in the proper mood. I hope you like them too. 

I'll give this one an 8+ on the Sk1Bum scale.

• Thank You 1

Norah Jones, Visions was released on March 8, 2024.

"Enter Visions, Jones’ ninth studio album with Blue Note and first of original fare since her criminally-overlooked seventh set Pick Me Up Off the Floor (2020). Yes, it is another masterclass from the songstress. This isn’t surprising though – Jones’ lyricism, superlative abilities on the piano and guitar, and skills as a vocalist, have ensured that every outing is an exciting experience."