David H.

Disappeared for a bit, But I Actually passed my General Contractors exam

Hi Guys,

I’ve been on crazy side prepping for the Calif. General Contractors B exam for last few months, especially these past few weeks. But it paid off,  Passed both the Law and Trade exam for General Contractors-B  exam. I was an Advertising Lifestyle Photographer for over 25 + years, had a very successful  career, but let it go, (Long Story) . I grew up in a family of General Contractors, including my Dad and brothers .  So What I thought would be “ A walk in the Park “ for me to just go and “ Get” my License gave me Reality check I wasn’t quite ready for in terms of what I actually knew. Hats off to those whom are or whom have been in the construction trade. I can get back to listening to my System and music , but  now I feel the real test may be ahead of me.

• That Rocks 6

Stickers

Congratulations David. I hope your new journey as a General Contractor is as rewarding as your photography career. As far as the real tests go, you have family to rely on, and if it was easy, everyone would want to do it. :D  

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Congratulations!

I've done much the same thing, taking certification tests, to validate what I have learned through lifelong learning.  It's an interesting journey, both to achieve, and to then see the gaps.  My focus is in a different area, but has been just as challenging.

In the area of be careful what you ask for..., I took a course in 2016 to prepare for one test at Northwestern University in their school of professional studies..., they turned around and asked me to teach the course !  Hah!, been on the faculty now for 3 years.  I didn't see that coming..., not making me rich, but the kind of teaching I deliver is based on real world experience - not just academics.

Now, it's come down to ensuring the PE or PDC credits are earned..., to keep the certifications.  I never want to sit in that proctored exam room again if I don't have to.

Glad to see you back, and past that milestone.  

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3

Stickers