dan johnson

My Carver gear from 1989 needs a new home

October 3

to CARVER SITE members.

I would like to offer my Carver components that I purchased (and loved) in 1989.  All of them work fine, though none have been serviced since new.  I am not looking to

make any serious money, but would like to offer them to people who can appreciate them.  Here is what I have for sale

Carver C-1 preamp

Carver TX=11b tuner

Carver CT-7 preamp tuner  (a later purchase and I am second owner)

Also for those interested, I have two CROWN/Amcron D150 amplifiers

If you are interested, drop me a line.   

DAN.

still keeping my 1989 ALS and M1.0t amp till death, if possible.

carver C1 preamp 1989.jpg

carver TX-11b Tuner.jpg

carver ct 7 preamp tuner 1.jpg

• Thank You 2

The photo looks like a tx-11, the tx-11b has black face and permanent tack handles!  The tx-11 is fm only and the tx-11a and tx-11b both have AM stereo!  My assessment is from examining the photo!   I have owned all three versions!

• Thank You 3

Thanks Barry. I was looking with my phone when I first replied, and I couldn't make it out for sure. I have a working TX-11 and TX-11a too. Nice tuners, but I want a TX-11b so I can set up an all black stack.

• That Rocks 1

Stickers

Folks, the tuner is a TX-11a   (typo from inserting the letter B).  my apologies.

The only reason I am selling this tuner, is because I built a home in a rural area of NW Pennsylvania that doesn't really have FM stations I am interested in listening to otherwise I would keep it.

This tuner is perhaps the best one I ever heard. I am sure with some tender care, it will perform as designed

15 hours ago, itchitch said:

Dan,

Does the CT Seven include a remote?

Sorry, no remote.  dan

Hi Dan,

I'm reviving my Carver system (MT-500 amp, C1 preamp) and need to replace my TX-11a tuner - is yours still available for sale? From the photo I see that yours is a perfect match! If you still have it, please give me a call at (310) 927-6101 Pacific time. I'm having my other components cleaned and serviced at my local stereo shop, and I'd be excited to complete the stack with a new tuner.

On 1/13/2020 at 1:30 PM, Chuck Lisser said:

Hello everyone - I've just scored a tx-11a tuner on ebay, and according to the seller, it's received no mods or maintenance since new. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what maintenance you'd do with it, or what you'd check on it, other than to just hook it up and listen?

Hi Chuck,

If it works well as is - leave it alone.

I had sent a CT Seven to HiTech for a full "refresh." Rolland does very good work but these services are now offered by Greg ON THIS SITE.

I didn't realize that a "full refresh" only included replacing the power supply caps and an IC. I was under the impression that ALL capacitors 

would be replaced... not the case. 

Opening the cover you can be overwhelmed by the number of capacitors used. Had I known it was just the PS - I would have done the work myself!

Tuners MAY need to be re-aligned after working on the tuner board... there are conflicting opinions on this subject.

This takes specific equipment and knowledge.

Itch

Stickers

I agree, that there are many caps in tuners, electrolytic that is, plus all the others. Seems to me that if an electrolytic has been in service for SO many years, then it just makes sense to replace regardless of its location in the circuit. Then because that is done, it would come as no surprise that the tuner would need realignment, but that's just my hunch.

Hi

Do you still have the C-1?  If yes, what are you looking to get for it and where are you located?

Thanks

Steve