All killer, no filler!

Daddyjt

While I don’t subscribe to the school of thought that says you should listen to an album start to finish (I’m a total browser when I listen), I do acknowledge that a select few albums stand alone, with every track being great. 

What albums do you enjoy every song on, hence the title - All killer, no filler!

One of my favorites for this category is Fleetwood Mac - Rumors. I enjoy EVERY song on this album.  When I was younger, I could not stand “Never Goin’ Back Again”, but now, with a greater appreciation of Lindsay’s guitar work, and much higher quality audio gear, it’s become one of my favorites.  Also, the DVD Audio version has an extra track, “Silver Springs” that’s a true gem. 

DA90B00B-9AE9-4913-9F24-FDE229D7C69C.jpeg

• Thank You 4
  • Love this! 4

This is the first one that came to mind for me.  My wife and I were newly married and this seemed to be the soundtrack for doing house projects before the kiddos decided to come into existence. (Then again we might have had some agency in that happening ?)

in between dreams.png

-PhilDent

P.S.  I was tempted to say Steely Dan's AJA, but I don't particularly care for the track "I Got the News".  It seems to me that it is one of those tracks that is more fun for the musicians to play than it is to listen to.

Edited by PhilDent
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, DrummerJuice said:

Boston - Self titled! Love every song on it!

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/boston-first-album/

I REALLY like almost all of this album, but “Smokin’” just doesn’t pull the same weight as the rest of the album, IMHO... HOWEVER, the rest is SO good that I’ll still play it start to finish on occasion:-)

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 1

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms. To me the weakest song on the album is the one that got the most air play, Money for Nothing.

613DVHvBFmL._SL1200_.jpg

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 5

14 hours ago, DrummerJuice said:

Boston - Self titled! Love every song on it!

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/boston-first-album/

That’s a good one.......grin.

11 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

I REALLY like almost all of this album, but “Smokin’” just doesn’t pull the same weight as the rest of the album, IMHO... HOWEVER, the rest is SO good that I’ll still play it start to finish on occasion:-)

Really @Daddyjt? ........grin. Smokin is one of my favs that gets the volume turned up to at least 12:00 on the C-1........grin

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Just fantastic, start to finish.  Once I start it, I just can't stop listening...

wish you were here.jpg

And when I'm in a Floyd mood I nearly always start with this one and roll into Wish You Were Here...

Dark Side of the Moon

1_8FkvzbSdSJ4HNxtuZo5kLg.jpg

• Thank You 2
  • Love this! 2

I've always been a huge fan of Led Zeppelin, but this album is one of my all time favorites along with Rumours as Daddyjt started this thread with above.

Easy to listen to this one start to finish...

Led Zeppelin IV

Led Zep IV.png

Edited by Turbo
Typo
  • Thank You 3
  • Love this! 3

2 hours ago, Turbo said:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

For many years, this was my favorite Pink Floyd album. I agree completely that it belongs in this thread.

• That Rocks 1

Some really great examples, above! ?

But how about a wildcard?  I was trying out a new cartridge a while back, and literally stuck my hand into the middle of my LP cabinet and pulled this one out at random.  After playing it, I realized, there wasn't a single tune I didn't really enjoy on it. Yes, it was a visit to the way-back machine, but a great visit.

R-9723385-1494887875-7680.jpeg.jpg

I can't focus on the prog artists all the time.:D

• Thank You 1

8 hours ago, Charlie said:

It's a great album all the way through.... =D=

EC Journeyman belongs on this list too.

Eric_Clapton_Journeyman.jpg

• That Rocks 2

This is another one of my favorites that is often played beginning to end.   The story behind  "Picasso's Last Words (Drink to Me)" is fascinating.  The last track "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five" provides such a great cohesive conclusion to this album.  

image.png

• That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 2

Here's a pair for the hard rockin' category from Def Leppard that belong on this list:

Def-Leppard-Pyromania-Album-Cover-web-82    Def-Leppard-Hysteria-Album-Cover-web-opt

A Def Leppard sidebar story:

In 2014, I won tickets from a local radio station to see KISS/Def Leppard in St. Louis MO. I offered them to my grandson and his wife, but his wife couldn't get off work. Garrett then suggested that I go with him.

The first band was an Aussie band with a heavy AC/DC influence, and immediately after their set, a large black curtain came down while the roadies changed gear and did the setup for Def Leppard. After a while, a countdown clock was projected on the black screen with 2 minutes, 30 seconds on it, the music on was The Who, Won't Get Fooled Again. When the countdown clock hit zero, the screen dropped, and Def Leppard either took over Won't Get Fooled Again, or was playing all along. The transition was so seamless that I've wondered which is correct, but either way it was the best opening number I've ever seen. Def Leppard was by far the best music of the show, but nothing can compare to a KISS show. Seeing KISS live should be on everyone's bucket list, and bring along the earplugs even for an outside venue. :D 

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2
  • Love this! 1

It’s nice to see threads about the music we enjoy. When we spend so much time and money on talking about and obtaining the gear, we do it for the music, the pure pleasure and enjoyment of listening to it. Thanks to everyone who has started a thread about music........grin

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1