Worst movie remakes - just... WHY?

Daddyjt

It’s 11:30 at night, and the rest of the family have gone to bed. This is arguably one of the best times of the day - not that I don’t love the family, but it is nice to have that peace and quiet that only comes from solitude. As I surf channels looking for some light viewing, I see Point Break.  Great - this is one of may favorite “do it to me” movies.  From Keanu’s awkward acting, to Swazye’s surfer dude persona, and a pretty entertaining premise - yea, I’m there!

But then.... You guessed it - it’s the 2015 remake... Ugh... back to the surfing(pun) for something else.

what are your LEAST favorite remakes? You know, the ones thatNEVER should have been made?

• Haha 1

IMO...

• The Pink Panther series with Steve Martin does not come close to the Peter Sellers originals. 
  • The Denzel Washington Magnificent Seven does not comes close to the 1960 Yul Brynner version which is a mere shadow of the Kurosawa Seven Samurai original.
  • Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

8 minutes ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

Full mark on all the answers,  above!

I'm just dreading the day someone tries a remake of Blazing Saddles or any other Mel Brooks creation. 

I doubt that could happen in today’s climate.... if they did, it would be MUCH shorter, lol. 

17 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:

I doubt that could happen in today’s climate.... if they did, it would be MUCH shorter, lol. 

Yes, likely juse the closing scene - without the horses...

10 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

But then.... You guessed it - it’s the 2015 remake... Ugh... back to the surfing(pun) for something else.

I actually never saw the remake of Point Break, but I'm sure you're correct that it's a horrible movie.  I like it for the fact that I got to go to Tahiti as part of a crew that shot behind the scenes.  Below are a few pictures that I took from a boat in the break of Teahupoo while they were filming the surfing scenes. 

P1040602small.jpg.51874714bc04083d35fdc43792bb3be3.jpg

P1040616small.jpg.9da253bd940e403df60205542e71d799.jpg

P1040611small.jpg.4159e0bdac98e85f83582e78931a85f7.jpg

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3

24 minutes ago, PhilDent said:

I actually never saw the remake of Point Break, but I'm sure you're correct that it's a horrible movie.  I like it for the fact that I got to go to Tahiti as part of a crew that shot behind the scenes.  Below are a few pictures that I took from a boat in the break of Teahupoo while they were filming the surfing scenes. 

P1040602small.jpg.51874714bc04083d35fdc43792bb3be3.jpg

P1040616small.jpg.9da253bd940e403df60205542e71d799.jpg

P1040611small.jpg.4159e0bdac98e85f83582e78931a85f7.jpg

That is pretty damn cool...!

1 hour ago, Daddyjt said:

That is pretty damn cool...!

Absolutely it was!  The downside was that I was seasick the entire day, and there was no reason for me to be on the boat that day.  As the waves of nausea passed over me I continually repeated to myself, "And this too shall pass".  To add insult to injury, the boat got tossed in the break and my audio mixer got flung to the floor causing it to be damaged.  It cost me $500 to repair it.  Ironically, I've never used it since.

Rollerball 1975 James Caan  (the man Bruce Willis stole his whole tuff guy persona from, and yes I am a big Bruce W. fan just saying) 

Rollerball (1975)

2002 Chris Klein, Jean Reno It does have WWE's Paul Heyman and the band playing have a few good riffs  

Chris Klein, LL Cool J, and Rebecca Romijn in Rollerball (2002) 

• Thank You 2