New to the forum, but not to Carver

Hi All,

I have had carver equipment for a very long time. I have a C1 pre amp, M4.0T power amp, DTL 50 CD player and a pair of amazing silver. I have owned all of it since new, I recently had the pre amp and amp re caped. Not because they were not working but because it was probably a good idea. Its incredible these have continued to work for so many years! The CD player still works as well, although the laser is getting weak and isn't tracking perfectly. I can't find a replacement for the laser. The speakers are in storage in Houston so I don't use them right now. I have two systems in the house, one with the previously mentioned equipment but also with a NAD CD player, Cambridge audio blue ray,  Paradigm s 110 v3 speakers and a polk audio sub. I use this mostly for watching movies.

My second system consists of a Project carbon turntable, Lehman black cube phono pre amp, Creek cd 53 Cd player, Anthem TLP1 pre amp, Anthem P2 power amp and Magnepan .7 speakers. I am lucky enough to have two large living rooms, one system in each. 

I have looked into the cost of shipping the silvers from Houston but to get them up into Canada isn't worth it, which is disappointing, they really were great speakers. not particularly great bass but that ribbon was fantastic! If anyone is interested in the speakers I would part with them for very cheap. They were working fine when put in climate controlled storage, and they are in wooden crates, but they have been there for 7 years now so probably need new woofer foam and I would re-due the crossovers, just in case. The crossover were re built around 9 years ago but who knows what happens when things sit for long periods of time. 

• Thank You 7

Welcome to the forum, Chris. We have quite a Canadian continent - @Brian_at_HHH , @4RUNNER , @DrummerJuice Just to name a few. For the first time in my life, I too now have two dedicated spaces for gear, one being a HT.

I'm pretty sure the laser can be replaced in your DTL - I think Kevin ( @kve777 ) May know the scoop, if I recall correctly. 

Anyway, kick back and enjoy!

• Thank You 1

Welcome.jpg 

Welcome, @Chris Della Mattia!  Nice setups, indeed!  I can imagine that the only way to reasonably get those Amazing Silvers, up, North of the '49th, would have been an epic roadtrip, and I suspect they would not have appreciated the trek.

I'll second @DrummerJuice's question, as to where in this snow buried, frigid land are you (and Owen, you can go do something rude with your weather out there - I had to dig out my snowblower, today!)?

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Welcome @Chris Della Mattia.  You have found a very cool place.

Keep your eyes open up on CA, you might find another pair of Amazings listed for sale - a good way to avoid the shipping.

OCCD is not curable..., you are a lifer, it seems.  (OCCD = Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder - 😉 )

If you are offering up your Silver Amazings, post a picture or two, if you have one, and let folks know what you are looking for.

Glad you found us, welcome to the Party!

GroundedElectricEastsiberianlaika-small.

• Thank You 1

Welcome to the site Chris!  You have some nice gear especially since you bought it new!  Refurbing your gear was a good idea since you plan to keep it.  Send some picture of your gear when you get a chance.  We love pics.........grin  

14 hours ago, oldtexasdog said:

Welcome! You've come to a good place to find some like minded folks I would think. Looking forward to your post so kick back and enjoy!

PS

We love pics!!!

resting.jpg

12 hours ago, DrummerJuice said:

Welcome Chris, where in Canada do you call home?

welcome home.jpg

Fort Saskatchewan, just outside of Edmonton.

• Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, Chris Della Mattia said:

Fort Saskatchewan, just outside of Edmonton.

Great - it's good to have someone filling the gap between the West coasters, and those of us, more mid-country (I'm just East of Toronto).

Not much, from the East Coast, at least among active participants, right now.

Beautiful System! 

20 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

(and Owen, you can go do something rude with your weather out there - I had to dig out my snowblower, today!)?

It's not all sunshine and lollipops here... it was only 10 Degrees C (50 F) today. I didn't even golf! ;D

13 hours ago, DrummerJuice said:

Beautiful System! 

It's not all sunshine and lollipops here... it was only 10 Degrees C (50 F) today. I didn't even golf! ;D

I agree with the  "Beautiful system " comment. 

As to the temperature,  I don't see a freaking minus sign in front of that number.  What?  Too hot to go golfing.  😉

Edited by Brian_at_HHH
Removed extra word
  • Haha 2