Brian_at_HHH

A big Thank-You to all for your patience, of late.

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to send out a very big Thank You to everyone for your patience with all my off-the-wall messages and commentaries over the past couple of weeks or so.  I have no doubt I've caused more than a few of you to shake your heads and "not again!":S:$

I've spent most of the last couple of weeks being with my wife in the hospital, in ICU, and I've basically used C! as a way to try and keep what shreds of my sanity are left, herded mostly together.   That's meant I haven't always thought through some of my rejoiners, comments, or responses, not to mention having been a veritable pest at the best of times (though I'm not sure that's any different than normal?).  

After a real roller-coaster, of one serious issue after another, over the past couple of weeks, Betty is now starting to come around, and start to be coherent, again.  I'm hoping to see her moved back out of ICU, to a "normal" hospital a room, shortly.  It's still going to be a while before she's likely to come home, but the light at the end of the tunnel is no longer accompanied by a train whistle.   :)

I'll try to exercise a bit of restraint, going forward, but Thank You, all, again for your patience and indugling me through all this - you have actually helped more than you can probably imagine.  

• Thank You 1
  • Sad 4

This forum is a great place to escape from the personal challenges we face as adults.

I wish your family positive outcomes and a healthy future!

Itch

• Thank You 4

4 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

After a real roller-coaster, of one serious issue after another, over the past couple of weeks, Betty is now starting to come around, and start to be coherent, again.  I'm hoping to see her moved back out of ICU, to a "normal" hospital a room, shortly.  It's still going to be a while before she's likely to come home, but the light at the end of the tunnel is no longer accompanied by a train whistle.   :)

Just the sight of you, or the sound of your voice, and the touch of your hand is, I'm sure, some of the best medicine for Betty; I'm sure we'd all gladly trade a bit of discomfort (but I really hadn't noticed you being a PITA (and I know PITA)) if it means accelerating her recovery; many prayers!

Edited by RichP714
  • Thank You 4

Stickers

Thanks for all the kind words - they are very much appreciated.   

There have certainly been a few threads of late that I've been on the edge of derailing (and likely the wrong edge), so I did feel an apology was warranted. 

3 hours ago, Dennis47 said:

Brian,

We thought it was just you being you!:b--

Ha, part of me was afraid of that.  😃  I guess that tells me what I'm like, here, normally, eh?

31 minutes ago, PhilDent said:

Brian,

You've always been polite and overly nice.  I always assumed you were a Canadian or a Mormon.

-PhilDent 

I'd make for a pretty lousy Morman, I'm afraid, especially since they've given up multiple wives (on second thought, that's really a form of self punishment).  Yes, as I gave away, above, I am Canadian, but not adverse, or perhaps immune, to being a PITA - we all must have our talents.

I'm still going to be spending most evenings at the hospital for the foreseeable future, but it's much easier now that she's doing better.

Best wishes to all of you - take care of yourselves and your families.   😃

Geez Brian, I thought you were always more than polite and quite thoughtful at that. Sorry to hear that your wife has been in ICU and you’ve been saddled with all the worries that accompany a situation like hers. Your strength is going to be a big help to her and we all are hopeful that she continues to show improvement. Life never has been fair but it’s how we meet the challenges thrown at us that makes all the difference. Your humility is inspirational and your attitude is refreshing. Keep your chin up and know that we’ll be praying for both you and your wife.

• Thank You 2

Stickers

Sorry to hear about your wife Brian.  I am glad she is doing better and on her way to recovery.  I don't take offense at what you say, I respect your words and opinions stated here.  Thanks for sharing your life experience with us and my wife and I will be praying for you and your wife.  BTW, my wife is a Canadian.....grin

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 1

Stickers

Thanks, again, everyone!

Sounds like she will get out of ICU, today!

I wasn't at all sure what half the threads were that I may have commented on of late (yes, I know I can check, but I was almost afraid to).  Between being too tired and trying to copy&pate, etc. on my phone, I know I caught myself writing answers to one thread in another, a few times, so I really wasn't sure what I may have written at times, so I thought it best to explain, before someone sent the nice men in white coats, with a nice new coat, with extra long sleeves, for me.  :)

• Haha 2

Brian,

They may as well come for a few of us as well...... Our audio systems may be the best working thing that we have in life sometimes. 

You can be sure that these hard times will be history.  In the meantime, pray for the strength that you must have to bear it through.

• Thank You 1

Quick update for any of you who had asked.  Unfortunately, my wife's infection flared back up just before she was about to get out f ICU, so she's still there, and they are busy balancing heavy doses of antibiotics against the side effects they cause, so she is pretty much incoherent again. At least she is where they are actively monitoring her, so she's in good hands, and I'm back to not sleeping much, so here's fair warning about me babbling nonsense (more than normal, Dennis).

• Sad 2

Brian, very sorry to hear this but I’m also thankful that you’ve got her in the right place where she is getting very good care. Hang in there, modern medicine has come a long way and we’ll try to supplement it with our prayers.

• Thank You 3

Stickers

As of this evening, she's now out of ICE.  She's still under the side effects of the heavy antibiotics, but hopefully she is on the mend, and there won't be any permanent damage.  ☺️

Thanks again to all of you, for the support.  🙂

• Thank You 5

So glad to hear that Betty is on the road to recovery! Hopefully you will have her home soon! I for one, look forward to your posts and comments. Always seen measured and thoughtful! (and occasionally amusing.) lol