The White background or Dark background?

mach-1

Hello all  -  so am I seeing things properly ? 🧐 

If I go to this site as a not logged in surfer the old (dark) Forum pops up,  no new posts available.  Then after login the new (bright) Forum is available,  and every time I log in I get an email saying new device login.  Just my old brain cogs wondering if this is normal?  or me over thinking progress.🙄

23 minutes ago, mach-1 said:

Hello all  -  so am I seeing things properly ? 🧐 

If I go to this site as a not logged in surfer the old (dark) Forum pops up,  no new posts available.  Then after login the new (bright) Forum is available,  and every time I log in I get an email saying new device login.  Just my old brain cogs wondering if this is normal?  or me over thinking progress.🙄

First, they're both the new forum. What you're seeing is the dark theme and the light theme. Go all the way down to the bottom of the page and you'll see 'Theme' on the bottom left side. Click it and you'll see a menu of theme options. Choose 'Oblivion 4.4' when you're logged in, and the dark theme will be your default. You must have changed it at some point to the 'default' or 'IPS default' to get the white theme.

You received a 'new device login' notification because you logged on with Chrome yesterday. Websites track that from the browser you use, not necessarily the device (it's called a User Agent and it is a token given to a website form the browser you use).

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

1 hour ago, mach-1 said:

Thanks again!  Forgive me - it was to easy and I always look for complicated. 

PS:  I am 72 and there is a lot of aluminum in me!

It's okay my friend. We're here to help!

• Thank You 1

• The title was changed to The White background or Dark background?