Sign in to follow this  
jeffs

fluid film

Anyone living in the snow/rust belt tried Fluid Film? I have an 8 year old truck and the undercarriage is rusting to sh!t. I've never liked the idea of sealcoating, but this is different. Some good testimonials/videos on the Tube. I applied this today and the job went smoother than expected. Not sure why I didn't do it sooner? This is a weekend and foul weather vehicle for me ... 2011 with 48K miles. Will last me a long time if I can arrest the rust.

• Thank You 3

Stickers

On 11/30/2019 at 3:18 PM, jeffs said:

Anyone living in the snow/rust belt tried Fluid Film? I have an 8 year old truck and the undercarriage is rusting to sh!t. I've never liked the idea of sealcoating, but this is different. Some good testimonials/videos on the Tube. I applied this today and the job went smoother than expected. Not sure why I didn't do it sooner? This is a weekend and foul weather vehicle for me ... 2011 with 48K miles. Will last me a long time if I can arrest the rust.

I've heard of it.  And am considering.  My F150 is losing its rocker panels to rust.  And I don't want to just replace them w/o some general rust arresting effort.

Is this stuff applied by a professional, or can anyone do it?  (I have yet to research too - but thought I'd ask if anyone knows).

Edited by AndrewJohn
  • Thank You 2

Stickers

2 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

Is this stuff applied by a professional, or can anyone do it? 

I did this in my driveway with a set of ramps. A lift would be much better. I used a $14 gun from Amazon paired with Home Depot HDX wide mouth bottle ($2.68) which screws right on. The stuff has the consistency of mayonnaise so it's a bit difficult to get into the bottle. My compressor only has a 4.2 gallon tank so needed to go slowly. Most of the more detailed videos show the use of a wand to get into tight spaces. I didn't do that. Avoid the exhaust as much as possible as it takes a while to burn off. 

• Thank You 1

Stickers