Is this For Reals?!?!?! [Pink Floyd Later Years Box Set]

Nahash5150

I count myself as one of the few (perhaps sacrilegiously so) people that far prefer the post-Waters PF material to the “original” material. 

This set is long overdue - I just wish it were a bit cheaper, lol....

• That Rocks 2

• The title was changed to Is this For Reals?!?!?! [Pink Floyd Later Years Box Set]
2 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

I count myself as one of the few (perhaps sacrilegiously so) people that far prefer the post-Waters PF material to the “original” material. 

You aren't alone in your preference for post-Waters PF - aside from Animals, which I personally like the most.

There is definitely something very wonky about the pricing (note these $$$ are from Amazon Canada's site):

LP Version         $46.00

CD Version      $486.97  (yes, that IS real!!!!)

This is a case where I might have to buy the LP version, as much as I prefer CDs.  

Hopefully they will eventually issue a Blue-Ray copy, but I'm worried that it may be somewhere north of $10,000 by the time it comes out!  :V:

3 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

There is definitely something very wonky about the pricing (note these $$$ are from Amazon Canada's site):

LP Version         $46.00

CD Version      $486.97  (yes, that IS real!!!!)

The LP version is not the box-set. If you select the LP you will see the CD that matches the LP for $9.69US.... 12 songs.

The box set for $341.33US contains 18 CDs! 

On 12/5/2019 at 10:25 AM, Daddyjt said:
On 12/5/2019 at 10:25 AM, Daddyjt said:

For me I like the post Syd Barret the best.  Animals is my current favorite, it swings between that and Wish you were here !

barry

• Thank You 1

Here's the 1st of 4 documentary snippets on the Later Years project, which includes some information on the remastering of DSoT and what they had to do. No wonder they waited, er, put it off, for so long...

• That Rocks 2