Replay Gain Question

Bobby1970

Hi guys, am using Foobar2000 for digital files.  The other player am using is Virtual DJ 8, not utilising the mixing features so much.  IIRC it's been a year since I stopped VDJ.  I have a question about the replay/gain feature of Foobar.  I listen to albums but at times I need to do selections.  I would highlight the whole selection and right click => select Replay Gain => Scan As A Single Album => a process appears and will show another box as Replay Gain Results so I can tick Update File Tags.

Am I doing the right thing to level the sound output of the whole selection? 

Is there a permanent effect for each selected track that the next time I listen to their respective albums track's sound level will vary? 

Is there another way to use the Replay Gain effectively?  (apologies for the not so clear screenshots)

Capture1.thumb.PNG.f28c68ba740027bd5925eb2477a5a401.PNG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Capture2.1.thumb.PNG.cb7902a405990abe336a9be8ffc6859a.PNG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Capture2.thumb.PNG.22845d58d788b68f7c744567f0f88893.PNG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Capture3.thumb.PNG.eb1346df90f02c7e8cc0038b5c1ad27c.PNG