Last Record Preservative

Zenith4me

Hello all,

Has anyone ever used the Last record preservative products? I've read quite a bit on the web about their products. Some people swear by them and others call it snake oil. The price is definitely high but is it worth the cost? 

Here's a link to Last: 

https://thelastfactory.com/product-category/record-cleaners-preservatives/

• Thank You 1

I remember when that first came out, and always thought it would be a great way to pretty much eliminate any high frequencies, and muddy the sound.  The idea of coating the grooves of a record just makes me very uncomfortable.  :V:

If you are inclined to try it, I'd recommend you give it a go on a throwaway LP, first, but listen to it enough before so you can compare.

• Thank You 2

I have records that were treated with LAST close to 40 years ago and they sound fine. The original last treatment does a nice job of lowering surface noise. (Part of this might be connected to the high grade cleaner/applicator brushes included) I'm not sure what it is or why it works, but it does. (Their description of what it does has been debunked by chemists)  If you decide to try it I strongly suggest buying directly from the factory.  About 15 years ago there were some folks who apparently purchased a large number of bottles and saved the contents in another container. They then refilled the last bottles with something else and sold them on eBay.  

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

I used last treatment on a number of albums back in the day. They swore there was no residue, but I would be in Barrys camp and do the least needed. Good record sleeves at least as important to me. Don't forget stylus care,,, and yes, so much more. Bad cartridge alignment would a big killer as opposed to a film on the album. Ok, I shut up now.

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1