kve777

KVE777, now with FOUR Silver 7t amps.

Added two more Silver 7t's to the system. WRF did these several years ago, traded them to BillWojo for his Plats. He was't using them so we worked out a trade. Running Tekton Pendragons with the outer amps, Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 subs with the inners. Power reserve is soooo deep! Bass is effortless. 

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 11
  • Love this! 3

Stickers

2 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

How do they compare to the Carverfest amps?

Really can't compare them. The Tekton's suck the living hell out of the 275's. I'd need 100+ dB@1W/1M speakers to be happy with the 275's. I have yet to find horns I really like. 

• Thank You 1

Stickers

@kve777 

Looks impressive Kevin!

Horns!

there is a pair of Altec Valencia 846a’s in NJ.  It’s listed on usaaudiomart.  Being sold by VAS,  is that the guy who retips  your stylus’s?

If I had the money, I would try them out!

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649550397-altec-lansing-846a-valencia-speakers/
they look to be in excellent condition.

barry

Just now, Daddyjt said:

Nice - it’s always a bonus when you 1. Remember you have something you could use, and 2. Actually put it to use. 

how do they sound?

Really don't hear them. Just seamlessly add to the bottom. No boom, just low end extension. Just what I wanted.

• That Rocks 1

Stickers

3 hours ago, kve777 said:

Added two more Silver 7t's to the system. WRF did these several years ago, traded them to BillWojo for his Plats. He was't using them so we worked out a trade. Running Tekton Pendragons with the outer amps, Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 subs with the inners. Power reserve is soooo deep! Bass is effortless. 

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

In Football”Defense is everything” In audio”Clean Headroom is Everything” I am impressed WOW!! It seems the more hard to drive (82dB 6ohm) etc speakers I listen to are the ones I find with the sound I really like??? 

• Thank You 1

Nice looking setup Kevin! If I had a listening room, those amps would be in it.......grin

I would like to say I am a bit jealous........lol

Edited by Dadvw
  • Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

Stickers

Kevin, those amps do suck some power! They would make my lights flicker when cranked up and need to be turned on one at a time or they would trip the circuit breaker. Takes a lot to charge up the caps when switched on.

With 4 of those amps I'm kinda glad he lives a good half hour a way from me, pretty sure were on a different power grid. LOL.

Hey Barry, those might be nice Altec's but they are rather pricey. Also keep an eye out for HeathKit AS101's, Valencias in a nicer cabinet, same driver load and cabinet volume.

BillWojo

• Thank You 2

Those Rock!!!   Now Thats a Good Looking Rocking System!!!

Love it Kevin......

That’s a good reason to fly east and Hear those New Speakers and awesome amps...

• Thank You 2

Stickers