Thanks to all the members

I was bitten by the carver bug back when the c-4000 and m-400 came out. I couldn’t afford it, but would visit an audio store and listen amazed at the sonic holography. I followed Bob Carvers career and I was continually in awe of the gear he produced. I eventually was able to buy a pair of amazing silver speakers which I still have and need to rebuild. I have learned a great deal about the various gear and I took the plunge and bought a tfm-42 and a c-1. The c-1 needs a new power switch which I was able to order because of the information here. I also ordered the caps and resistors for the BillD mod for my c-1. This forum is a great asset to the carver community. I lurk here more frequently now that I have retired but this is my first post because I can’t touch type. I’m sure that I will be asking questions in the future and look forward to learning more.

Thanks again.

BobSt1

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 1

Hello BobSt1, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help. 

Please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

I need the one ribbon repaired and the leds for power on the tfm-42 aren’t working but it sounds good. After I  mod the c-1, I’ll consider going over the tfm-42. But from looking around it sounds like it’s not a job for a novice. I’ll be selling off my non-carver audio gear to provide the funding for more

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

• Community Admin

Welcome to our little corner of audio paradise!  

No worries about touch typing..., no one here will know, or care!  

Glad to have you here.   And, show us some pictures of your gear!

Cheers,

AJ

14 hours ago, Dadvw said:

I would warn you about OCCD because it is contagious here.

+1.  I joined mid 2017 and by last count I have collected two BillD C-1 preamps and nine amplifiers.

• Haha 2

Welcome.jpg

Welcome, oh fellow OCCD addict!  No point warning you of the OCCD pitfalls, so we'll focus on the positives of hoarding great piles of Bob's best!

Thanks for coming out of the lurker zone, and joining in.

Don't worry about typing prowess - I DO touch-type, but most of the time here I use the on-screen keyboard or a little handheld Bluetooth keyboard to type on, which makes me think a bit more about what I want to say... though rarely enough.   🙄

Since you've been reading things, you already know how willing people, here, are to help answer questions, so please feel free to ask.

• Thank You 1

I’ve been bitten by the Carver bug many years ago when I saw his amazing cube amplifier and heard the sonic holography. This forum is an amazing collection of knowledge. And everyone seems to be very helpful 

12 hours ago, PhilDent said:

+1.  I joined mid 2017 and by last count I have collected two BillD C-1 preamps and nine amplifiers.

So you're the one driving up the prices.. OK, maybe you had help. :D

• Haha 2