Hello from Everett

Hi everyone, I am new to this site, but not new to Carver, or Audio

Mainly I joined cause I had questions about some carver equipment and repair, but I don't see where I can post these.

For example I had a tcm-15cb that was working perfectly and one day last month would not output sound but lit up, I pulled the fuse and it was good. I put it back in and it did not light up and still no sound.  very strange

While waiting for the mod to approve me hoping there was a schematic I found one elsewhere and was able to repair part of the power supply so I get sound, but it still does not light up and the meter needles do not move.  I will probably work on it more soon but at least I can listen to music.

I also have an hr-772  when I got it there was no sound, now it works but the FM is much louder than the cd/aux/tape/phono inputs (maybe 6db? I have not measured) but I don't know if this is normal.

lastly I have some silver 7 transformers and a bunch of tubes I don't know if anyone knows anything about these or where I would post about them

Thanks

• Thank You 7

Hello billmr, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help. Our document database is in the process of getting rebuilt. I apologize for any inconvenience, and I'm glad you found what you needed.  We have several resident techs and hopefully one of them will be along to answer your questions.

Once you get the permissions, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Community Admin

Welcome!  

The manuals section of the site is under construction - but someone here might have that service manual you seek.

Other techs will come along...

If nothing else, good to have you join. We love pictures of gear..., show off your setup.

Curious, how did you come across silver 7t transformers?  That's odd - are you selling?  Someone might want those.

Welcome to our little piece of paradise!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Hello,

Everett, Wa?

silver 7 transformers and a bunch of tubes

silver 7 transformers (tube) or silver 7T transformers (ss)?

Tubes, what type?

Edited by mbskeam

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to the group.  You're definitely in the right place for help with your Carver gear.  There are plenty of very knowledgeable people, here, who can guide you, or in serious cases, do repairs.  Carver gear is eminently maintainable, thanks to people like we have here.  There are also those of us who are more comfortable with the covers safely screwed on, where our clumsy fingers are safely out of the way of things that can go Zap!

I'm sure the techs will offer advice on your amp and receiver issues. 

With respect to the Silver 7 components, what are you looking to do?  Sell them, build something with them?  Find the rest of the pieces to (re)create Silver-7's?

In the mean time, welcome, and remember to enjoy the music!  :D/

pretty sure they are silver 7 tube transformers both power and output since there was a schematic tubes and parts,  I think someone was going to try and make their own.

the transformers were in sealed boxes addressed to bob,  how could anyone resist bob carver boxes of mystery ?

I will dig them out and post some pics

• Thank You 2