sea

Our Friend Kingman

It is with a very heavy heart that I pass along this update on our friend Kingman.  I know that many of you have been concerned and have been praying for Wayne as he has been battling lung cancer. 

Wayne spent about a week in the hospital before Christmas with pneumonia.  He was able to go home shortly before and spent the holiday with family.  About a week ago he returned to the hospital and has declined very rapidly.  There will be no more treatment.  He will most likely spend his last days in a hospice facility.  He is past the point of talking on the phone or texting.  Tammy, Randi and his sister are splitting time sitting with him.  He has moments where he is alert so I will ask Randi to keep an eye on this thread and pass along messages to him if she thinks he is alert enough to understand.

I am heart broken to be at the point of sharing this news.  Wayne was my first friend on either Carver site and he and Tammy have become family to Randi and me.  I know that many of you feel the same way.  Please join me in praying that his last days are as peaceful and pain free as possible.

Ed

• Thank You 3
  • Sad 13

Thanks for letting us know @sea - that is truly very sad news.   

All my kindest wishes for him and his family - I only hope he is able to spend his time without too much pain or discomfort.  

• Thank You 2

Stickers

I spent a bit of time with Wayne at CF2019 in Ed's cabin. I will always have that picture of calm and serenity to remember him by. 

Prayers for Tammy and Wayne. 

• Sad 2

Stickers

Very sad news indeed.  😞  He shared pictures of his 70 Judge with me early on after I joined here a few years ago and there's not many of us 70' goat owners around any more.  Such sad news...

Our prayers go out for Wayne and his family.

• Sad 2

Stickers

18 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

I am very sorry to hear this. Thank you Ed for letting us know. Prayers for Wayne, his family.

+1 I always liked his name “king man” here even though I never met him personally. I will be praying for him and his family.

Edited by Dadvw
  • Sad 1

Stickers

Russ sent this and asked me to copy.....

Hi Ed-

I read your recent post about Wane at Carversite.  Please let Tammi &
Wayne know how sad/sorry I am to hear of Wayne's health trouble and
decline.  While I didn't know Wayne very well personally I always
thought of him as a truly great person and ambassador for Carver
equipment on both websites.  It was good to get to meet him in '16/'18
at CF.  You and he are lucky to have become such good friends. I feel
the same way about you, Randi and Tammy, you are all such wonderful
folks to have gotten to know. Wayne always could light up a room with
his jovial manner/friendliness and I know he will be going to spend some
quality time with the man upstairs when his time comes.  Prayers for
Wayne that he has a peaceful passing, if anyone truly deserves that it
is him.

-Russ (Unclemeat)
  • Thank You 1
  • Love this! 1

What a Bummer. This is very sad news indeed. He was always a cheerful voice of encouragement and confidence and although I can’t claim to have known Wayne personally, I bought a CD player from him several months ago and had a couple of conversations with him. He truly is one of the great ones and will always be remembered as such. Sometimes life just doesn’t seem to be fair. May he be allowed to go comfortably and forever Rest In Peace. We’ll miss you Wayne - you were an inspiration brother.

Stickers

Kindness and friendship have always been Wayne's calling cards. He's made me feel so welcome at Carver Fests. I will forever cherish those moments I remember so fondly. Demo-ing phono cartridges and Sonic holography, interesting speaker combos... So much fun. Along with few beers and good tunes. I will always consider Wayne a great friend and audio compadre. 

• That Rocks 2

Stickers

Words alone can not take away the grief that he and his family are sharing right now.  Although I was somewhat on a similar road my situation went on to a different path.  A hospital is not a fun place to be, all my prayers and sympathy go out to him and his family through these difficult times. H highly admired member whom has been so helpful in the past.  God bless you Wayne.

My mother's passing this past Sunday really brings it home to me the grief that awaits Tammy and Wayne's family.  My heart hurts for them and I pray that peace comes to them.  In time, grief will give way to a smile whenever we think of our dear friend Wayne.  

The first time I saw Wayne (about 7 years ago, I think), he was walking toward our cabin at Carverfest carrying his little beer cooler and he had a great big smile on his face.  And of course; I will never forget the night in cabin 9 we blew up Wayne's Carverfest speakers playing Micheal Jackson's Ruby Jean... it was hilarious.   This is how I will remember Wayne.  

I'm so glad he was able to make the trip to Carverfest 2019-- here's a little video of Wayne and friends rocking cabin 9:  https://youtu.be/crhKAN6J_qk

• Thank You 1
  • Sad 2

Stickers

@jazzman53, I'm so sorry for you and your family - this has been an incredibly sad time for so many of us.  Grief seems to be waiting around every corner, of late.

All my sympathy.

• Thank You 2

Stickers