Hi ..I'm new

Hi All... I'm a new Carver guy with the purchase of a TFM 45 clean and ready for a pre amp. (using a sansui to fill in for now).

C1 I'm leaning toward but would appreciate any suggestions. Running a RP 3 with bronze stylis and new Revel Concerta 2 F35's.

Now gonna check out this Carver site... Cheers !!

'

• Thank You 3

Welcome to the site! That is a good choice , and popular choice for a preamp. They are quiet, have some mods to make them quieter and sound excellent. One of those refurbished would sound great! Enjoy the new site and if you have questions, ask away.......grin

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

I have a serviced C-1.  All electrolytic and ceramic caps replaced.  All switches and pots cleaned.  I have also added -12dB attenuation as outlined in the back of both the owners and service manuals.  Top cover painted.  Knobs painted.  PM if interested.  

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 5

Before I welcome you I first apologize to my fellow members, lol. Sorry people, It's my fault. LMAO. But seriously, KoolCat is a very good friend of mine that is new to Carver gear with a just purchased TFM-45. Not a tech, just a good guy in the initial stages of OCCD.

Welcome brother.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, johnrotten said:

Before I welcome you I first apologize to my fellow members, lol. Sorry people, It's my fault. LMAO. But seriously, KoolCat is a very good friend of mine that is new to Carver gear with a just purchased TFM-45. Not a tech, just a good guy in the initial stages of OCCD.

Welcome brother.

still finding way around  :)

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, KoolCaT said:

cool ...now 2 find one with remote... 

yes, this is possible. It adds to the expense of the C-1 and is labor intensive to do but it can be done. There are a few on the site that have these. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

1 hour ago, KoolCaT said:

Baby steps my friend. A C-1 or C11 with refresh is the first step. As I know you like your vinyl, both have a great phono section.

Edited by johnrotten
  • That Rocks 2
  • Haha 1

Hello KoolKat, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

@dennismiller55  can add a remote, @loner_t has a remote modded C-1 for sale,  and there are several other techs on site that can hook you up. The remote mod isn't cheap, but in my (lazy-a$$ed) opinion, worth every penny. The BillD mod is worth every penny too. :D 

Please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, johnrotten said:

Baby steps my friend. A C-1 or C11 with refresh is the first step. As I know you like your vinyl, both have a great phono section.

John, you know full well there is no cure for OCCD. You can only treat the symptoms. It's almost like it's a designer virus engineered by the US healthcare industry. 

• Haha 3

Thanks all … 🤗

2 hours ago, dennismiller55 said:

I have a serviced C-1.  All electrolytic and ceramic caps replaced.  All switches and pots cleaned.  I have also added -12dB attenuation as outlined in the back of both the owners and service manuals.  Top cover painted.  Knobs painted.  PM if interested.  

Sounds perfect ...ill message you about it when I have more message capabilities.

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

37 minutes ago, KoolCaT said:

Thanks all … 🤗

Sounds perfect ...ill message you about it when I have more message capabilities.

You should be good to go. :D 

• Thank You 1

Welcome.jpg

Welcome @KoolCaT- awesome way to get into the world of Carver.  The C1 is a very flexible and up-gradable preamp.  As others have noted, it can be adapted to take a remote volume control.  I begged one of the tech's here into that for mine, but it is a bit of a daunting task to do well/right.  The electronic part is not so bad, but the physical mods require precision, and more talent than I can muster.  That said, I truly appreciate having it.

In the mean time, don't forget to enjoy the music!  🎼 ~^

• That Rocks 1

7 hours ago, KoolCaT said:

one with remote FS in members gear.

7 hours ago, KoolCaT said:

one with remote FS in members gear.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

13 hours ago, KoolCaT said:

Welcome to the forum.

Check with L T loner, he has one with a remote. Keep in mind the remote only controls the volume. Anything other than that has to me done manually.

Edited by Maddmaster
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Find yourself a c-1 and get it "BillD" modded by a tech here on the site. The TFM-45 is a great sounding amp. Enjoy your audio journey and tell us about your system.

-PhilDent

Edited by PhilDent

• Community Admin

Welcome @KoolCaT. Glad you found us, and OCCD has infected you like a virus.  No stopping now. 

I see a lot of options here have been presented..., you'll do fine, for about 10 minutes, and then you'll want something more... LoL.  all good.  And with an OCCD Brother like @johnrotten, (enabler)…, you will go far!

Welcome to the OCCD Carver Jungle...

there's no escape.

tenor.gif?itemid=9846275

• Haha 3