Hello Audioslaves

Hello fellow audioslaves, 

First of all I want to share I'm a fairly new noob to the hobby and Carver gear has always peaked my interest yet have not had pleasure of owning. Sites like this are what make this hobby very fun, Interesting and overall dynamic so thank you for not only the birth of the site , but also preserving what I beleive to be a historical Icon in not only the electrical engineering side of things,  but also the music industry as a whole ! Without people like Bob Carver we may still be holding tin cans to are ears to amplify soundwaves:)  without further ado,  I am currently in the market for a Sunfire Signarure 600/2 or 9T-monos . If any leads pop up I would love to know. 

Thanks again ! 

Jason 

• Thank You 5

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to C!, Jason!   Nothing like diving in at the deep end.  Can we assume from your @Kappa man name that the amps you're looking for are likely to be driving some nice Infinities?

You certainly have the same view of Bob Carver that many of us do.  In this day and age, acquiring Carver equipment can be an amazingly cost effective way to get some really top notch sound - especially if it gets touched up (read recapped, and maybe even modded where suitable).  It IS, however, a very addictive hobby, as many (most?  perhaps all?) of us can attest.  I was warned of the perils of OCCD when I started.  I had 1 component.  I'm very well behaved in my collecting, so I only have 5 components now.  So far... sigh!

When you have a chance, let us know what you have (and post some pictures, when you can) and what you like to listen to.  In the mean time, enjoy the music!

• Thank You 1

Welcome Jason!  Kick off your shoes, find your favorite beverage and turn up the volume!  This is a great site of all things Carver, look around ask questions, but most of all we love photos!

enjoy your stay!

Barry

5 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to C!, Jason!   Nothing like diving in at the deep end.  Can we assume from your @Kappa man name that the amps you're looking for are likely to be driving some nice Infinities?

You certainly have the same view of Bob Carver that many of us do.  In this day and age, acquiring Carver equipment can be an amazingly cost effective way to get some really top notch sound - especially if it gets touched up (read recapped, and maybe even modded where suitable).  It IS, however, a very addictive hobby, as many (most?  perhaps all?) of us can attest.  I was warned of the perils of OCCD when I started.  I had 1 component.  I'm very well behaved in my collecting, so I only have 5 components now.  So far... sigh!

When you have a chance, let us know what you have (and post some pictures, when you can) and what you like to listen to.  In the mean time, enjoy the music!

Lol, you are correct sir. Like most of my ventures I dabbled my feet for about 6 seconds then launched myself off the golden gate, and yes, this hobby AKA addiction can easily take stronghold and spin one self in massive dynamic circles between fit, finish, sound, brand, headroom, legroom, and spares for my bedroom. I would love to take your advice on "listening to the music" but I cant stop plugging, unplugging and twisting knobs to actually finish a full song on the Kappa8s cause these mo fos are HUNG-A-RY,..... so... this leads me to my last 2 options. Plan( A )Throw gobs of nice Carvers at them and cross fingers or Plan (B) Call local power company to have order and install a 35 ka-billawatt transformer into livingroom driving each noisebox mono. :)

1 hour ago, BarryG said:

Welcome Jason!  Kick off your shoes, find your favorite beverage and turn up the volume!  This is a great site of all things Carver, look around ask questions, but most of all we love photos!

enjoy your stay!

Edited by Kappa man