Reservation Discussion

sea

11 hours ago, mbskeam said:

will this help?

CarverFest-2011-Chart.jpg

Yes.  Perhaps.  This was before the event was lengthened to 14 days but it helps.  Thanks.

On 2/22/2020 at 5:43 PM, sea said:

I had some correspondence with the new owners today.  We are getting closer to having rates and procedures for making reservations.  I have asked for clarification but the draft agreement I was sent excludes Cabins 3, 5 and Watershed Pointe (the new one).  I think this is because these are not owned by the Drinkwaters.  I will communicate once I have clarification.  This process has been slowed down by the fact that we do not have any documentation of the old rate structure because it was referenced somewhere on the other site.  I did find this today from an old thread on this forum.  I am going to provide to the new owners.  I know it is a long shot but does anyone have a copy of the rate explantion that was on carveraudio?

Stay 2-4 Nights: 1 Night Free
Stay 5-9 Nights: 2 Nights Free
Stay 10-13 Nights: 3 Nights Free
Stay 14 or More Nights: 5 Nights Free 

Still working.  It would help me to get copies of 2018 and 2019 rental contracts.  Please attach to a PM to me if you are willing to share.  Thanks.

Ed

Sent you my contract for 2018 and a receipt for 2019. I can probably run down a contract for 2019 if need be.  Any questions feel free to give me a buzz.
Thank you so much for taking this project on.

Don

On 2/25/2020 at 11:59 AM, sea said:

Still working.  It would help me to get copies of 2018 and 2019 rental contracts.  Please attach to a PM to me if you are willing to share.  Thanks.

I have only had one response.  The reason I need to see some of these is inconsistency on the part of Watershed in the past.  It looks like some people are paying reservation fees and cleaning fees and some are not.

We are very close to terms for this year's rates.  Longer stays are up a little bit while shorter stays, a weekend to 10 days, are generally down a little.  You will notice that Cabins 3,5, and Watershed Pointe have been removed from the list.  These are not available to our group.  Right now if everyone follows through (I hope) we only have Cabins 1, 6 and 11 available. 

Please reach out to previous attendees as well as newbies.  Let's try to fill the rest up.

Look in the files section and you can download an Excel spreadsheet that will allow you to calculate your bottom line cost for your Cabin for the desired days you are attending.  PM me with your cabin selection and dates if you can not get this to work.  I will calculate cost and PM back to you.

I will be posting the contact information to proceed with reservations tonight or tomorrow.  Cabins will be held until June 1 before being offered to general public.  A 50% deposit will be required when reservations are made.  The balance is to be paid in full by July 31.  The deposit and payment is non-refundable unless travel insurance is purchased.  I am trying to get details on the price and terms of coverage and will post.

Edited by sea
  • Thank You 2

Thank you Ed for your diligence and hard work in putting this together for all of us. I know it has been a very laborious process. We appreciate you negotiating on our behalf for the best possible rates.

• Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, don said:

Thank you Ed for your diligence and hard work in putting this together for all of us. I know it has been a very laborious process. We appreciate you negotiating on our behalf for the best possible rates.

Thank you, Don.

I have recently posted a file in the file section our CF2020 agreement with the Watershed Resort owners.  Please take note that we renting directly from the owners.  DO NOT contact the Watershed Rental company we have dealt with in the past.  The website can be used for reference but DO NOT communicate with them through the website either.  I also posted a file with some information concerning the optional travel insurance.  I will include the agreement below as well.

Carverfest Agreement for September 2020

The following properties on the resort are excluded from this agreement: Watershed 3, Watershed 5 and Watershed Pointe D.

Dates of stay will be September 9th - 23rd. Watershed Resort will try to accommodate any early arrivals or extended stays before or after the departure date based on availability.

Discounts are applicable for dates from September 7th through September 30th only.  However, only September 9th through September 23rd are blocked out.  If days before or after are available at booking time they may be booked with the discount if the nights fall in from September 7th to September 30th window.  Standard LDW, Housekeeping, pet and tax fees will still apply.

Reservations for available nights within the September 7th – 30th will receive the following discounts:

1-8 nights – 40%

9-13 nights – 48%

14 days or more – 54%

Watershed Resort agrees to hold all other properties for Carverfest bookings until June 1, 2020. A non-refundable deposit of 50% is due at the time of reservation.  Play Travel Protection CFAR can be purchased at the time of the reservation to protect the deposit. Balance of the reservation is due by July 31, 2020.

Carverfest group agrees to have one member responsible for the reservation of each cabin. Ed Atkins agrees to provide a spreadsheet by cabin of the responsible person. Carverfest guests will coordinate with David Dean to make their reservation. His contact information is 828-736-4792 or davidmdean1226@gmail.com.

Watershed Resort will have housekeeping and maintenance staff on site throughout the Carverfest group stay.

Watershed Resort will provide mid-stay housekeeping and maintenance services for each 5 days of stay at no additional cost, which includes changing of linens and towels, freshening up of living spaces, garbage disposal, replenishment of amenities including wood, propane, paper goods and toiletries. Watershed resort will not be responsible for kitchen areas during the Carverfest group stay.

Watershed Resort will provide live entertainment and refreshments Friday or Saturday the last weekend of the Carverfest stay at the Yard

Edited by sea
  • Thank You 1

I am sorry to say that Kevin has told me that he will not be able to make it at all this year.

As a result, now Cabins 1,6 11 and one Treehouse remain available.

Kevin,  we will miss you guys.

• Sad 1

On 3/4/2020 at 6:49 PM, don said:

+1  =D==D==D==D=

• Thank You 1

20 minutes ago, Magnaryder said:

Has there been a discussion with Watershed concerning Covid-19, how it may impact the event and how monies paid will be managed if for some reason we need to cancel/reschedule CarverFest2020?

ray

Not by me.  I am pretty sure their position would be to purchase the trip insurance.

Edited by sea

• 1 month later...

I know that things are still up in the air but perhaps starting to settle down.  I am still hopeful that we will be able to proceed with CF as planned.  I want to start adding a few details to the Reservation List.  Please respond to this thread or send me a PM with dates you plan to reserve assuming conditions allow.

• Thank You 1

It’s likely I will not come, if I do, it will be a day trip like cf15!  Depends upon how things work out, and if unemployment comes through!

We are about 6 weeks away from the deadline to book and put down a deposit.  I know that things are still somewhat unsettled but hopefully becoming clearer by the day.  I would like to send Watershed an updated projection and list of renters in about a week.  Right now all cabins are spoken for except one Treehouse and Cabin 6.  Please reply to this thread with your intention as to Check in and Check out date.

23 hours ago, sea said:

If you have not heard, Cabin 12 was lost to fire on March 13.

Thats bad news, had Ray & Mike booked cabin 12 or cabin 11

Brian

6 minutes ago, BrianT said:

Thats bad news, had Ray & Mike booked cabin 12 or cabin 11

Brian

Ray and Mike were going to move to 12 but will stay in 11 where they were last year.

Ok.  I have had a discussion with Watershed today.  They are open for business and looking forward to our event.  They were totally booked for Memorial Day weekend.  There will an update agreement posted soon but here are the major points discussed today.

• Our main contact is changing to a lady named Ashlee Nelson.  I think she is in the downtown office.  It sounds like the Drinkwater's now have control of that office as well.  We will have her direct phone extension and email.  
  • Our official deadline for reservations and 50% deposits is still July 1.  However they are asking that we make reservations sooner if we can.  They will put in the new agreement that deposits WILL BE refunded if Watershed is compelled to close by the govt or if anyone who make a reservation is in an area with an imposed travel ban.  I will be providing them with a list of renters soon.
    • One thing to remember is they holding the 7th and 8th.  It is possible that someone would come in for labor day and stay until Wed morning.  Our hold only covers September 9 through 22.
    • I plan to go ahead and make my reservation early June.  I have already booked labor day weekend.
  • Watershed has increased their cleaning fees by 20% due to more intense cleaning because of Covid19.  I asked them to waive this and in doing so agreed to not have the cleaning every 5 days.  I think most of us did not really want them coming in every few days anyway.  We will still have a contact for maintenance issues like firewood, propane, Garbage etc.

I will post the revised agreement as soon as I get it.

Ed

• Thank You 1