Will Dew

Well PUCK That!!! :)

Just thought I  would show you my solution for keeping my Hafler cool...hockey pucks. This amp runs pretty warm and I was trying to think of what I could use to raise it up and allow more air to run through it where it is set up. Something that did the trick and didn’t look hacked or totally terrible. The pucks bring it up high enough to move lots of air through the fins and vents. Stays much cooler now and the rubber pucks grip the surface of both the feet on the Hafler and the table top really well. The thing won't move at all.

My TT in this set up already has custom feet on it otherwise I would use some there as well. Going to order a few more for my other set ups though the Carver units don’t run as warm as the Hafler…but hey, cooler is better right? :)

WD

Hafler 1.jpg

Hafler 2.jpg

Hafler 3.jpg

• That Rocks 6

14 hours ago, Will Dew said:

Just thought I  would show you my solution for keeping my Hafler cool...hockey pucks. This amp runs pretty warm and I was trying to think of what I could use to raise it up and allow more air to run through it where it is set up. Something that did the trick and didn’t look hacked or totally terrible. The pucks bring it up high enough to move lots of air through the fins and vents. Stays much cooler now and the rubber pucks grip the surface of both the feet on the Hafler and the table top really well. The thing won't move at all.

My TT in this set up already has custom feet on it otherwise I would use some there as well. Going to order a few more for my other set ups though the Carver units don’t run as warm as the Hafler…but hey, cooler is better right? :)

WD

Hafler 1.jpg

Hafler 2.jpg

Hafler 3.jpg

You could just turn the volume way down and not had to use those pucking  pucks.......😂

• Haha 3

Stickers

7 hours ago, Dadvw said:

You could just turn the volume way down and not had to use those pucking  pucks.......😂

Turn the volume down?? Not gonna happen!! :)

I wasn't sure if people would like this idea or think I was pucked in the head. :)

WD

PS: I really did have someone slapshot a puck at me once.

Edited by Will Dew
  • Haha 2

I don’t like to turn it down either. Which is why when the wife is gone, the volume is loud...😂

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Stickers

I’ll have to ask Evan if he has any extra pucks, he is a goalie for a local hockey team.   He is the one who turned me into a capitals fan!  I have him hooked on Carver gear too!

barry

• That Rocks 2

I admit I've used Phucks for feet on a various tool stands - they're great for non-slip and absorbing vibration, but I hadn't tought of them for audio gear, before.

I do like the look on the Hafler - gives it some real attitude, as well as altitude.  B|

@itchitch's hole plug seems a good idea too, although one wonders at their original purpose!   **))

For those looking for somewhat more subdued options, I had a real space restriction with my C1 and M1.0t - I wanted to lift the C1 above the amp enough to allow airflow, but I had a very limited space before it hit the (unmovable) shelf above.  I found some good sized rubber feet on ePrey for very little that were just the right height.  They look like micro-phucks (you know we're going to cause countless people to think that's the right name/spelling for them) when attached - nothing quite like the real thing, though.

• Thank You 2

21 hours ago, Balok said:

I think that the pucks are just a distraction so that people won't notice the fact that he has a Cylon protecting his amp.

NO ONE touches the power!!! So say we all!! :)

WD

• Haha 1

Well, I pucked up again. Switched out the Hafler and pucked up the M500T. It certainly doesn't run as hot as the Hafler does but I figure mo-better air flow can't hurt. :)

WD

Puck1.jpg

Puck2.jpg

• That Rocks 2

1 hour ago, Will Dew said:

Well, I pucked up again. Switched out the Hafler and pucked up the M500T. It certainly doesn't run as hot as the Hafler does but I figure mo-better air flow can't hurt. :)

Just Awsome looking.  The '500 always had that brute force look to it, but that raises it to an entirely differnet level.  Love it!  |-|

• That Rocks 2

4 hours ago, Will Dew said:

Well, I pucked up again. Switched out the Hafler and pucked up the M500T.

Now thats a Pucking amp!!

• Haha 2