24 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Until I see someone - anyone - in Congress start to care about this, all of this other "concern" is theatrical horseshit. This entire COVID-19 episode is about control - it has nothing to do with really caring about human life. The test has been run on how many basic rights can be violated without issue. They have effectively demonstrated that irrational fear, driven by constant media hype and repetition, will allow them to "justify" whatever measures they deem necessary - and the sheeple will blindly follow their instructions in the mistaken belief that they will be "safe".

Indeed. It's a very dangerous social experiment. But I have faith people will fight back. People will fight much harder for freedom than the lukewarm, foggy ideal of 'compassion'.

7 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:

I disagree with about 97% of what Bill Maher says, but I gotta tell you, he nails it here:

Bill is a comedian - he found a niche and ran away with it...but he's a smart guy. I've always respected his insights, even though I too disagree with him a lot.

• Thank You 2

Stickers

Very good points. Based on the effectiveness data history of the flu vaccines, the option of staying as healthy as possible seems to be our real defense (for most of us). One of the only things that i have heard throughout this fiasco so far that really made sense was that our bodies are made to naturally fight off fungus, bacteria, viruses, etc. They fight them off every day. So we just need serious education about keeping these bug fighting machines as healthy as possible to do their job (even in compromised individuals).  And stop defaulting to big pharma foisting off pills to solve everything. Pills have their place but not as a first defense.

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 2

That was actually the longest I have ever watched Bill and man does he make so much frickin sense. 

• Thank You 2
  • Haha 2

Stickers

He had me until he mentioned the wall... (he, like politicians, has to appeal to his base audience.)

There are still so many things the scientist don't know about this disease.

Why do, normally healthy, people die in their sleep from blood clots (college friend two weeks ago?)

We were told that this disease causes immune systems, the very thing that is supposed to protect us,  to go in to overdrive and flood victims' lungs with fluids?

Scientist are seeing permanent physiological changes in people who have recovered from acute cases?

The math is pretty clear. If you are not in a nursing home you should be fine...

I don't worry about the actions of my family - it's the poor judgement of those around us.

We are surrounded by idiots ... It frustrated me before the pandemic.

• Thank You 3

Stickers

5 hours ago, itchitch said:

Why do, normally healthy, people die in their sleep from blood clots (college friend two weeks ago?)

People who are asymptomatic can still be at risk. In this specific case, autopsy may reveal CoViD-19. 

Coronavirus: A third of hospital patients develop dangerous blood clots

Autopsies of COVID-19 patients reveal clotting concerns

COVID-19 cytokine storm: the interplay between inflammation and coagulation

@RichP714has mentioned this somewhere in this discussion. 

The line between 1918-20 and 2020-? vis-a-vis pandemics is beginning to blur. Stay safe!

• Thank You 2

Stickers

I believe we may actually be in the 2nd wave of this virus. More and more doctors are stating they believe they treated folks back in December and just assumed it was the "regular flu" but the symptoms were more like COVID-19, especially the dry cough part.

Because so many people who die from this already have serious medical issues it is likely impossible to isolate what exactly causes what symptom in the patients. Add in the total lack of knowledge about the disease itself and it isn't surprising how many deaths are blamed on COVID-19 without any actual lab tests to prove it.

Take this case for example:

Died from alcohol poisoning - death coded as COVID-19.  Scroll down and read the official policy on how they code deaths. Even without evidence or lab work if they "suspect" COVID-19 was in the mix that's how they coded it.

Now add in the little ditty from our COVID stimulus package - any hospital that codes a patient death as COVID-19 can receive $13,000. If that person was on a ventilator there is an additional $39,000 the hospital is qualified to receive. If you believe that has not affected the coding of deaths in the US you are a fool. I hate to say it but this is probably not too far from the truth right now.

COVID Skydiver.jpg

COVID Gunshot.jpg

• Thank You 4

Stickers

Actually seeing more people here wearing them. Supposedly there is an outbreak in south Lansing going on. 

Stickers

A guy was kicked out of a local store, made him go get a mask. 

Val talked with our friend Ginny Traynor who is a nurse in Philly. It's REAL. It's BAD. It's still really bad at all the hospitals around here. Around here, half the people are taking this seriously, the other half are below average intelligence. It's NOT political, it's about saving lives and not overloading our health care system. If you want to defy distancing and mask wearing, prepare to pay the price. It's not like stepping into traffic with immediate consequences, more like being dropped into the middle of a mine field, sure you can walk around for a while, but it would be much safer to stay still until the mines are found and disarmed, then walk right out unharmed.

• Thank You 3

Stickers

1 hour ago, kve777 said:

Around here, half the people are taking this seriously, the other half are below average intelligence.

Wow. Disappointing to see a devolution to name calling.  So it’s either drink the kool-aid and prevent your immune system from doing its job, or you’re stupid?

Stickers

6 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:

Wow. Disappointing to see a devolution to name calling.  

Fact: Half the people everywhere are below average, half above. (I'm just riling up the natives. See who's actually reading my posts anymore.)

8 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:

So it’s either drink the kool-aid and prevent your immune system from doing its job, or you’re stupid?

Nope. Healthy people have succumbed. Wait until you have hundreds or thousands of cases in your county. It changes your perspective. 

Stickers

1 hour ago, kve777 said:

(I'm just riling up the natives. See who's actually reading my posts anymore.)

No, you’re being condescending to people with differing opinions. I would expect more out of someone as smart as you are. 

1 hour ago, kve777 said:

Wait until you have hundreds or thousands of cases in your county. It changes your perspective. 

No, it doesn’t. We HAVE had thousands of cases. The thing is, only about 5 in TEN THOUSAND that contract the virus die from it. AND the number continues to fall, as more and more of the shenanigans taken in the statistics come to light.  If health care facilities are being overrun, why are the temporary hospitals being dismantled (most without ever treating A SINGLE PATIENT)? 

Look, if you’re scared, you have every right to stay home, wear a mask, or close your business. But you DO NOT have the right to force me to do the same, and you do not have the right to demand the government PAY you to hide at home. 

• Thank You 2

Stickers

9 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:

No, you’re being condescending to people with differing opinions. I would expect more out of someone as smart as you are. 

No, it doesn’t. We HAVE had thousands of cases. The thing is, only about 5 in TEN THOUSAND that contract the virus die from it. AND the number continues to fall, as more and more of the shenanigans taken in the statistics come to light.  If health care facilities are being overrun, why are the temporary hospitals being dismantled (most without ever treating A SINGLE PATIENT)? 

Look, if you’re scared, you have every right to stay home, wear a mask, or close your business. But you DO NOT have the right to force me to do the same, and you do not have the right to demand the government PAY you to hide at home. 

It seems to be the condescension runs both ways.  It also seems to me that there are a lot of people making comments base on opinions and not facts, or their own opinion of the facts and feeling as if everyone should agree or be called condescending.

Anyway, do hospitals get any amount of money for COVID19 cases treated, sure. They do with other illnesses as well. This is not new to COVID, however there are legal COVID diagnoses that must be coded properly and justifiably using the appropriate ICD10 codes before any of that is done (you can now look them up online and they are  new because COVID is new and they are extensive and specific) AND there are audits to verify should insurance companies, medicare, medicaid or other government agency choose to audit. As someone who used to handle and oversee these audits, I can tell you, they can be intense. It seems to me the hysteria and conspiracy is from the side of those that think this whole thing is a hoax, just a flu or immune disorder, etc. Now that is just my opinion. Want to debate my opinion? It will be one-sided because I am too tired of hearing how my friends are dying or now have life changing effects of the illness. I am a lucky one. I work from home. I do not go out often and have a very very close circle of people I interact with on ANY given day, and this will not change except that it may get closer.

I am not looking to convert people to my way of thinking nor should anyone try to convert anyone to their way. Not in this instance, in my opinion. Whatever makes them feel comfy, then it is their option.

I know states need to open up. But they need to do it right and the PEOPLE have to use common sense and protect not only themselves, but their loved ones and others around them. It is the decent thing to do. If you chose to not wear a mask, hey cool. I choose to diminish my chances of having a severe case by avoiding those who don't give a damn or those who think they can build up an immunity to an illness our bodies haven't interacted with yet.

Stirring the pot goes both ways. I have read the posts here and kept as quiet as I could. Again, I am not looking to debate. Just stating my opinion. I ask all to stay healthy, as healthy as you can, and to consider those around you - your kids, your parents, your spouse, and your friends. One day someone you know may get ill and they will remember everything they heard you speak of and how you reacted, and they will then have a reaction to your words. Don't care? Your choice. I am just putting it out there.

9 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:

It seems to be the condescension runs both ways.  It also seems to me that there are a lot of people making comments base on opinions and not facts, or their own opinion of the facts and feeling as if everyone should agree or be called condescending.

Anyway, do hospitals get any amount of money for COVID19 cases treated, sure. They do with other illnesses as well. This is not new to COVID, however there are legal COVID diagnoses that must be coded properly and justifiably using the appropriate ICD10 codes before any of that is done (you can now look them up online and they are  new because COVID is new and they are extensive and specific) AND there are audits to verify should insurance companies, medicare, medicaid or other government agency choose to audit. As someone who used to handle and oversee these audits, I can tell you, they can be intense. It seems to me the hysteria and conspiracy is from the side of those that think this whole thing is a hoax, just a flu or immune disorder, etc. Now that is just my opinion. Want to debate my opinion? It will be one-sided because I am too tired of hearing how my friends are dying or now have life changing effects of the illness. I am a lucky one. I work from home. I do not go out often and have a very very close circle of people I interact with on ANY given day, and this will not change except that it may get closer.

I am not looking to convert people to my way of thinking nor should anyone try to convert anyone to their way. Not in this instance, in my opinion. Whatever makes them feel comfy, then it is their option.

I know states need to open up. But they need to do it right and the PEOPLE have to use common sense and protect not only themselves, but their loved ones and others around them. It is the decent thing to do. If you chose to not wear a mask, hey cool. I choose to diminish my chances of having a severe case by avoiding those who don't give a damn or those who think they can build up an immunity to an illness our bodies haven't interacted with yet.

Stirring the pot goes both ways. I have read the posts here and kept as quiet as I could. Again, I am not looking to debate. Just stating my opinion. I ask all to stay healthy, as healthy as you can, and to consider those around you - your kids, your parents, your spouse, and your friends. One day someone you know may get ill and they will remember everything they heard you speak of and how you reacted, and they will then have a reaction to your words. Don't care? Your choice. I am just putting it out there.

15 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:

No, it doesn’t. We HAVE had thousands of cases. The thing is, only about 5 in TEN THOUSAND that contract the virus die from it. AND the number continues to fall, as more and more of the shenanigans taken in the statistics come to light.  

Utah? Your Salt Lake County has the most cases of any in UT at 3,883 (HERE). My county of Camden, ranks 11th in NJ, having 4,758 (HERE) where 217 real people are DEAD from it. Utah as a state only has 80 dead, New Jersey has 10,356. That's not from shenanigans in counting. 

24 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:

If health care facilities are being overrun, why are the temporary hospitals being dismantled (most without ever treating A SINGLE PATIENT)? 

This is a result of physical distancing actually working. I know real people working in real hospitals and they have been going through hell for 2 months. 

26 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:

It's not scared(look who's being condescending now), it's cautious. I'm taking appropriate safeguards as directed by informed individuals I trust.

Let's see how October/November go...

Stickers

30 minutes ago, kve777 said:

Utah? Your Salt Lake County has the most cases of any in UT at 3,883 (HERE). My county of Camden, ranks 11th in NJ, having 4,758 (HERE) where 217 real people are DEAD from it. Utah as a state only has 80 dead, New Jersey has 10,356. That's not from shenanigans in counting. 

This is a result of physical distancing actually working. I know real people working in real hospitals and they have been going through hell for 2 months. 

It's not scared(look who's being condescending now), it's cautious. I'm taking appropriate safeguards as directed by informed individuals I trust.

Let's see how October/November go...

Wether or not you classify me in the “below average intelligence”, I understand how to do math.  I also understand that doing math with incorrect statistics obtained through either nefarious motivations or incompetence does not produce usable data.

I too know several (ok, 6) doctors personally.  2 orthopedics that have been prevented from practicing, a hospitalist, 2 ER doctors, and a endocrinologist. All of them say this virus is dangerous if you are over 60 and/or have some other Heath ailment. 

In the interest of keeping the peace here, I am not going further in open forum with you on this Kevin.  If you want to discuss it further, you know my PM address.

And lastly, if I offended you in any way by saying that you were “scared” of the Wuhan Virus, I apologize. I sincerely thought that was an accurate assessment of your feelings.  Sadly, it’s common for us “lower than average intelligence” folks to offend...😇

Stickers

A friend and I have been writing scripts to download state data, curve fit, and plot.  A lot of physics people are doing this.  Popular models are SIR and logistics.  Looking at cases county by county, one can reach conclusions.  In most US counties, the virus is not contained.  Containment is a fantasy.

People get infected in clusters or "cells."  Somebody in their local cell gets infected and in short order infects many members.  Then there are no new infections.  After two weeks, another cell gets infected.  This indicates a person is still contagious some time after recovery.  These people are well enough to get around and go out.  Maybe even return to work.  And the infection spreads.  This is 100% preventable, but there is such incompetence managing this pandemic.  People are ill-informed.  No gov authority publishes correct rules.

With states opening, there will be a huge 2nd wave.  Not because opening is wrong.  Because information is poor, and there are always those who think they are the exception.  That courtesy of distancing and wearing a mask in public infringes on their freedom.  That this pandemic is a hoax.  These people cross county lines spreading disease to those who would otherwise be isolated from infection.

The published infection/fatality numbers in state data indicate about 7% fatality rate.  A classmate of mine is dead.  A friend had it.  He read JAMA articles and did all the correct home treatments, as he had no insurance.  After 3 weeks he still coughed up a chunk of lung.  He's age 43 and recovered.  But he never wants it again.

The 1918 pandemic was bad.  A cemetery on my way home from work has an entire Spanish Influenza section.  Entire families with 1918 termination dates.

• Thank You 3

Stickers

Denmark and Sweden are opening back up, but the 'Social Distancing' model seems to be the basis for such reopening. 

Coronavirus: How Denmark reopened its schools

Are Sweden already living the 'new normal'?

Such voluntary efforts will allow the immune systems to adapt, without requiring evasive and fatal action from human bodies. 

"We are all aware of the disease and people are being far more careful about it. Social distancing and cleanliness will go a LONG way to keep the spread controllable." to quote @Nahash5150.

Stickers

Posted (edited)

WOW. Getting pretty serious here. Well I won't say anything discriminatory here and everyone here has valid points and opinions. This is the way it will always be and that's, 100% of the people will never do the same thing TOGETHER at the same time. 

So everyone protect yourselves the way you see fit and try to respect each other. Try and keep your immune systems healthy and take care of yourselves in whatever way you think is best for you. 

And I hope to see as many of you as I can at CARVERFEST if possible. I will tend the smoker. |-|:|:

Edited by Rob
  • Thank You 1
  • Love this! 1

Stickers

*WARNING* - Lots of truth coming at you here, so read at your own risk!

You want to know a dirty little secret? EVERYONE botched this - from the administration (who actually DID try to institute a China travel ban, until they were accused of being racist), to Nancy Pelosi (who was urging people to come down to Chinatown to celebrate the lunar new year in MARCH), to Mayor Deblasio (going to the gym in MARCH, and urging others to carry on as usual), to perhaps the biggest “botcher” of all - Andrew Cuomo, who’s OWN POLICY sent positive cases of elderly Wuhan virus BACK TO NURSING HOMES (seriously, this guy is responsible for close to 10k deaths HIMSELF), to Obama & Biden, who left the emergency PPE cupboard bare.  But somehow, the media only wants to focus on “Orange Man Bad”.  The media have been truly pathetic.

You want to know another dirty little secret?  There are A LOT of people that are enjoying being told they are not ALLOWED to work, and collecting “free” government money.  On top of that, they have the media whispering in their ear that they are HEROS for “doing their part” by sitting on the couch.  Additionally, there are several in the government that have seized on the opportunity to remove people’s right to earn a living, and putting them on the public charge. Now that it looks like the party is coming to an end, and people are poised to go back to work, there is a mad scramble to once again instill fear, and keep everything locked down.  You see, they’ve never been THIS CLOSE to being able to tip the whole system towards the unstoppable slide into a socialist utopia, and they are fighting like hell to hang on to it. 

As Elon Musk said today - “take the RED pill America!”

I’ll see you all on the other side.  @Nahash5150 or @B-Man - you both have my email address, send my “ban” paperwork there, and I’ll gladly sign it.

Carry on.

• That Rocks 2

Stickers