16 hours ago, straylight said:

Nuclear weapons are no joke. Never have been. 

Why are you telling me this? I didn't make a nuke joke and I have no idea what you're talking about.

16 hours ago, RodH said:

Back to the topic at hand, things have gotten surreal here. Most everything is shut down, people are generally scared shitless.

I work in the food production world, so it's business as usual (as is possible) for me.

I've been met with security guards and barriers, folks in hazmat gear. The ones driving on the highways is full haz-panic gear are kinda freaking me out.

Use the word "pandemic" in the media or social media.    PANdemIC.

You just need to find a way to be optimistic.

Image result for gas mask fetish

• Haha 5

Stickers

Wyoming has 11 cases reported as of today. Although I am respecting the physical limits suggested/required for this virus, there is no panic in my head. I feel sorry for the people who are acting out of this panic, even here. I do realize that precautions will help shape the curve to a more manageable level in the near future. The problem that I see is all of the secondary events from this virus. Most of us out here do not have a months salary in the bank to rely on. I am very fortunate to get to go to work at the local museum, but my wife works at the local college and as you can imagine, things are quite different there. At least she knows from her background how to survive at a lower level.

59 minutes ago, Nahash5150 said:

Why are you telling me this? I didn't make a nuke joke and I have no idea what you're talking about.

You just to find a way to be optimistic.

Image result for gas mask fetish

AH! Full-body condom. Good plan Hashy!

• Haha 2

Stickers

On 3/11/2020 at 1:39 PM, iamjohngalt said:

The China CDC studied a large portion of the infected and found that the rates of death are much higher among older people.

Maybe I'm just stating the obvious, but isn't that always the case?

This disturbs me far more than any media frenzy concerning a virus, and also begs the question as to why there is no media frenzy about this:

How Many Children Die Each Year From Child Abuse and Neglect?
According to data from the National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System (NCANDS), 50 States reported a total of 1,688
fatalities.2
 Based on these data, a nationally estimated 1,720 children died from abuse or neglect in FFY 2017, a slight
decrease from the FFY 2016 number of 1,750. However, it is 11 percent more than 2013. This translates to a rate of 2.32
children per 100,000 children in the general population and an average of nearly five children dying every day from abuse
or neglect. NCANDS defines “child fatality” as the death of a child caused by an injury resulting from abuse or neglect or
where abuse or neglect was a contributing factor. 

Source:   https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/fatality.pdf

• Thank You 5

Stickers

The coronavirus could be involved in a lot of fatalities. But as usual, the neurotic media is making it look like everyone survives except those doomed by the CNN virus.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death (per year in the US):
Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

TOTAL: 2,082,531

So by fiat, we could easily see 1,000,000 deaths attributed to the MSNBC virus. But the reality is, many of these deaths wouldn't be 'new' deaths, but accelerated death.

So while we are absolutely losing our shit about a natural force running its course, we lose 1,310,494 people every year to preventable or avoidable deaths and disease (based on percentages in each category attributed to lifestyle). Our medical system is so taxed by sickness and disease hardly anyone can even afford to use it without dramatic subsidies from the government. This is the real disaster we face.

Finland's government just recently shut down after reforms failed because they can no longer afford their heath welfare system (BBC). We are staring down this barrel, and ideas like Medicare for all will pull the trigger right in our face.

The coronavirus, in my opinion, is going to wake people up about their wellness, their habits and how many people around them are chronically ill and shouldn't be.

So we don't need more doctors, drugs and 'affordable' healthcare. We need more control over our own lives.

The reason we became herbalists and natural healers was because we couldn't afford to have children when we were first married. We poured over texts and called professionals, took classes and read lots of medical science journals and articles. We came to realize that the answers are all out there, but they are largely ignored. We discovered that natural childbirth was humanly possible and that no doctors and nurses were needed as long as the mother and father had proper training. And instead of cleaning up their lives and working hard toward wellness, most people just accept that their body is breaking down and as long as they have access to doctors, even though it sucks to be put on drugs and go through surgeries and take trips to the doctors, they feel they are being 'saved' by technology.

People in my family are dying. They take a cabinet full of drugs, always feel terrible, can't do what they they want to do, and bemoan how tragic their life is now because of these horrible problems they have. Yet they keep drinking pop, alcohol, eating cookies, doughnuts, cake, fast food, pasta, etc. They don't exercise and if you try to talk to them about their health, you're met with scorn and anger. Stunning how much people sacrifice for comfort food. But, we've been brainwashed for decades by corporate drums:

Abiding by tough standards...

So I don't mean to bug ya honey, but you can survive the coronavirus and your own lifestyle. The choice is yours.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Stickers

"The coronavirus, in my opinion, is going to wake people up about their wellness, their habits and how many people around them are chronically ill and shouldn't be."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know. Most 'New Years Resolution' health club memberships go unused after the first month.

... and there is a vaccine on the way.

• Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, SteveK said:

"The coronavirus, in my opinion, is going to wake people up about their wellness, their habits and how many people around them are chronically ill and shouldn't be."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know. Most 'New Years Resolution' health club memberships go unused after the first month.

... and there is a vaccine on the way.

But then again, nobody cared or even knew about Islamic Terrorism until 911. Crisis, like pain, is a fairly reliable signal for change.

The vaccine won't be available for about a year. When it becomes available, it's effectiveness will take 2 weeks after administration. It will at best have a 60% effectiveness in a healthy person against only the current likeness of the virus. And since this particular virus mutated about 5 months ago, it's spreading entropy is going to cause it to mutate again, which could leave the current vaccine relatively weak on a mass scale, similar to flu shots.

So the vaccine will definitely help, but it's not going to make this go away. According to the scientists, this virus is here to stay and will be part of a cycle much like influenza. There is a chance it could die though, but it's pretty slim.

• That Rocks 1

Stickers

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Nahash5150 said:

So the vaccine will definitely help, but it's not going to make this go away. According to the scientists, this virus is here to stay and will be part of a cycle much like influenza. There is a chance it could die though, but it's pretty slim.

Covid-19 virus has probably been with us for awhile. (attempting to build a path through fake news and Chi Com propaganda)

Patient 0 in Wuhan China is the first patient identified with Covid-19 virus. There was probably something in his/her symptoms (extreme reaction?) that triggered an investigation (Wuhan has high air pollution, 80% of Chinese men smoke (risk factors)) and  a corona virus mutation was discovered, named Covid-19. 

Then a flu cluster occurred in the Wuhan market that was identified as Covid-19. This, and other clusters, eventually led to a Wuhan shut down.

There are always many (100s) of viruses circulating in the general population, most neutralized by a robust immune system. Flu vaccine manufacturers attempt to predict the next years dominant strain to vaccinate against it. But there are always 3 or 4 minor strains circulating (and 100s of smaller strains). But when you are diagnosed with the flu there is (usually) no specific test for the strain you have contracted. Until now with Covid-19 tests.

Patient zero was just the first 'Chinese' Covid-19 sufferer. But patient 0 had no contact with Wuhan market and there is no evidence that this is the first ever Covid-19  case. Most probably Covid-19 was one of the smaller strains circulating worldwide. (Chi Coms say that Covid-19 arrived in China during the Wuhan Games)

So in the US we don't know when Covid-19 arrived, and we don't know how many have died from Covid-19 this season. But we blew up the financial system and partially quarantined the population. 

This winter season approx, 25,000 people (US) have died from the flu. Over a 5 month winter season this is about 5,000 a month. Many of these could be Covid-19 related but we don't know because we don't test for specific strains. (until 3 weeks ago when we started testing for Covid-19)

About 5,000 dead in the last 30 days from normal flu vs 150 dead in 3 weeks from Covid-19. 

So the obvious question for the experts at the CDC. Did we see a spike in flu deaths over the last 3 weeks? It doesn't seem so. But I can't find any stats online.

Is this worth shutting down the economy??  $100 million or maybe $500 million per life saved???

Edited by SteveK
spelling correction
  • Thank You 3

I'm spending the weekend watching the games...

image.png

55 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Covid-19 virus has probably been with us for awhile. (attempting to build a path through fake news and Chi Com propaganda)

Patient 0 in Wuhan China is the first patient identified with Covid-19 virus. There was probably something in his/her symptoms (extreme reaction?) that triggered an investigation (Wuhan has high air pollution, 80% of Chinese men smoke (risk factors)) and  a corona virus mutation was discovered, named Covid-19. 

Then a flu cluster occurred in the Wuhan market that was identified as Covid-19. This, and other clusters, eventually led to a Wuhan shut down.

There are always many (100s) of viruses circulating in the general population, most neutralized by a robust immune system. Flu vaccine manufacturers attempt to predict the next years dominant strain to vaccinate against it. But there are always 3 or 4 minor strains circulating (and 100s of smaller strains). But when you are diagnosed with the flu there is (usually) no specific test for the strain you have contracted. Until now with Covid-19 tests.

Patient zero was just the first 'Chinese' Covid-19 sufferer. But patient 0 had no contact with Wuhan market and there is no evidence that this is the first ever Covid-19  case. Most probably Covid-19 was one of the smaller strains circulating worldwide. (Chi Coms say that Covid-19 arrived in China during the Wuhan Games)

So in the US we don't know when Covid-19 arrived, and we don't know how many have died from Covid-19 this season. But we blew up the financial system and partially quarantined the population. 

This winter season approx, 25,000 people (US) have died from the flu. Over a 5 month winter season this is about 5,000 a month. Many of these could be Covid-19 related but we don't know because we don't test for specific strains. (until 3 weeks ago when we started testing for Covid-19)

About 5,000 dead in the last 30 days from normal flu vs 150 dead in 3 weeks from Covid-19. 

So the obvious question for the experts at the CDC. Did we see a spike in flu deaths over the last 3 weeks? It doesn't seem so. But I can't find any stats online.

Is this worth shutting down the economy??  $100 million or maybe $500 million per life saved???

YES! Give it two more weeks, you will change your mind. We are f'ed! Those kids on Spring Break in Florida are going to bring Covid-19 back to their towns with a bullet!

Stickers

36 minutes ago, kve777 said:

I'm spending the weekend watching the games...

image.png

YES! Give it two more weeks, you will change your mind. We are f'ed! Those kids on Spring Break in Florida are going to bring Covid-19 back to their towns with a bullet!

When they get back to their towns the people at risk for death will be the elderly, sick, obese and smokers. (as they are for every circulating bug) Most everyone else will get the flu to some degree and then enjoy lifetime immunity to Covid-19. For the elderly it is part of getting old, for the others, most are bad lifestyle choices. 

Wuhan population 11 million. Ball park for a circulating flu virus is 20% of the population, say 2 million. 3,200 people have died from Covid-19 in Wuhan.

MSM says 80,000 of those with severe flu symptoms have tested positive for Covid-19 in Wuhan. Panic Americans by reporting a 4% death rate in Wuhan.

But if 2 million people have Covid-19 and 3,200 died then the death rate is  .16, which is sad but no need to panic people. (this is an estimate, you would have to test a large sample of Wuhan residents to verify this)

(My goal is to keep my health and immune system working at peak efficiency via natural means. I don't go looking for bugs, but every cold or flu I contract I welcome as exercise for my immune system (even though I am miserable). Much like pumping iron exercises my muscles.)

• Thank You 5