New Carver owner

Hello all and thanks for a wonderful Carver resource.  I've been wanting a Carver system for many years and recently had the opportunity to purchase a very nice suite of equipment.  My local repair shop and second hand dealer had this set.  A friend of mine went in to pick up some things that he had had repaired and mentioned that there was a complete Carver set.  I called the next day and picked it up the day after that.  I am now the proud owner of a TX-11 tuner, C-4000t preamp and M-1.5t amplifier.  I'm using them to drive a set of Polk SDA 2 speakers, and how wonderful does it all perform!  First audition was yesterday afternoon.  More to follow.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 6

• Community Admin

Welcome @Elmer that is a nice rig. Many work hard to pull all those working pieces together over time.

Glad you found us.

Please share pictures !! we love to see pictures!

• Thank You 2

Welcome Elmer! That is definitely a nice starter setup you have! It took me a while to collect those exact pieces. After you enjoy them for a while, you might want to get them refurbished so they will last a while and sound great! Enjoy the site and if you have any questions, just ask. There are great people here who will answer them.......grin

• Thank You 1

Hello Elmer, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

All at once is a great way to build your Carver system, and several here love their Polk SDAs driven by Carver amps. 

Please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcome to the wonderful world of Carver!  There is a lot of info here, kick off your shoes, get your favorite beverage, turn up the volume and enjoy your stay!

By the way, we love photographs of your gear!

Carver power and Polk sda’s are a great combo!  I love mine!

barryG

Edited by BarryG
  • That Rocks 2

Welcome Elmer. You found a great forum of people and a wealth of knowledge. 

I have found over the years everyone is very friendly and open to sharing knowledge. We all will help you get more equipment.  You will try to resist acquiring more equipment, but we''ll become enablers at that point.  LOL 😂

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated into the collective OCCD consciousness. :D

Amen to that. It’s worse than the Coronavirus......lol

Welcome to the Carversite!   Elmer...=D==D==D==D=      Nice combination on the starter set. ~^ 

Has any kind of service work been done on the gear? Worth looking into.

Enjoy your stay,  and like the others......plenty of pics...When you have time..😁

01-welcome.gif

From one newb to another...WELCOME!

Found you have a great place to hang out and learn! :) (I had to go Yoda with all the Star Trek refrences flying :) )

WD

Edited by Will Dew