Will Dew

What are the sounds of Summer...to you?

Posted (edited)

Music is so therapeutic. Just enjoying a warm Summer day, light breeze, low humidity, birds singing, cold soda, music drifting on the breeze, and the sun shining on my face.

A place, a certain make and model of car, a smell, the tone of light, a warm temprature combined with the others can all trigger a memory of a song you heard at an impressionable time. Or vice versa a song you hear today can bring that all flooding back. I have a few but I'll start with this one.

What songs do that for you? What memory does it evoke (if you can or want to share it)?

Summers spent at a friends uncle's farm working on old Mopars...

Music is so therapeutic. Just enjoying a warm Summer day, light breeze, low humidity, birds singing, cold soda, music drifting on breeze, and the sun shining on my face...

WD

Edited by Will Dew
Spelling
  • That Rocks 5

Posted (edited)

A lot of different situations can trigger a song for me, spring through fall, not so much winter time. 

Edited by Dadvw
  • Thank You 2

Stickers

Late Spring/Early Summer, before school was out. Days were warm but the mornings were still cool with a slight nip in the air. Trees turning green and the small of grass is present walking to school. Can't remember if it was blasting out someones open window as I walked by or if I heard just before I left the house, but this one always brings me back to those bright cool mornings with the promise of a warm day coming.

WD

• That Rocks 1

4 hours ago, Dadvw said:

A lot of different situations can trigger a song for me, spring through fall, not so much winter time. 

Hey John, how about this one? Ya know, just to irritate the PC crowd.   :D 

• That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1

Stickers

Summer makes me think of The Beach Boys (altho admittedly a bit before my time) and my favourite Beach Boys song is Little Deuce Coupe.  This is a great little song and  they were able to create a fantastic cars/summer/cruising vibe in only one minute and 37 seconds which,  as it turns out, is the exact length of the Canadian summer!!!

• That Rocks 2
  • Haha 1

Stickers

43 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

Hey John, how about this one? Ya know, just to irritate the PC crowd.   :D 

I love it! The irritating part that is........grin

• Thank You 1

Stickers

Drifting down from my best friend's older brother's  room in the attic...hanging out over Summer vacation.

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

Summer - Place either Bremerton or Hood Canal, evening and the sound of a cover band at a fair/carnival trying to play Roundabout off in the distance...

Summer in New England - on a beach in Narragensett Bay and too much Heffenreffer!! :)