Daddyjt

Are there any bright spots in the Wuhan-virus crisis?

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, B-Man said:

One of my guys who works from home is complaining of the same thing. He pays for 200/20 and always thought things were fine. Now that everyone in the neighborhood is home he is having trouble maintaining even 5/1. He told me he called the cable company (Xfinity) and told them to block Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and Amazon Video because they weren't essential services and were preventing all of the people who are voluntarily working from home from being able to do their jobs. He kind of has a point.

Yes, from a communal standpoint, I can see that citizen M watching netflix all day is impeding citizen P's medical conferencing.

From the commerce standpoint, citizen P is paying for 200/20 and should get it irrespective of citizen M's usage

Edited by RichP714
  • Thank You 2

Stickers

S

As Florida coronavirus cases surge, spring breakers express regret

Spring breakers are now expressing regret they went, but some say the government wasn't clear enough in its message to practice social distancing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-coronavirus-cases-surge-spring-breakers-express-regret-n1168686

Image: Pompano Beach spring break

• Haha 1

Stickers

Posted (edited)

I couldn't get your link to work Rich;

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-coronavirus-cases-surge-spring-breakers-express-regret-n1168686

I could be wrong, but when the news was reporting about the defiant spring breakers, things were pretty serious and well known already.  Lots of people, both young and old, act this way now.  The defence is always "someone else didn't do enough to educate me".  Take texting and driving for example.  How high does the fine need to be  and how many people need to die in car accidents before they are "educated".  

Edited by Balok
  • Thank You 2

13 hours ago, Balok said:

I couldn't get your link to work Rich;

I could be wrong, but when the news was reporting about the defiant spring breakers, things were pretty serious and well known already.  Lots of people, both young and old, act this way now.  The defence is always "someone else didn't do enough to educate me".  Take texting and driving for example.  How high does the fine need to be  and how many people need to die in car accidents before they are "educated".  

Thanks for fixing it; I was on my phone and probably pasted it improperly

Stickers

WHen you die of COVID-19, you die alone

Above is not a link to any particular content; it's google search results.  You can read for yourself first hand accounts of how this thing is affecting people;  NOt numbers or tactics or theories, but people being traumatized and scarred.

The medical community is going to need support not just during, but  also after this peak surge passes.  Not many have born the burden of holding a dying person in their arms, or passing 'last wishes' to their family members, whether the loss was from a 'routine' traffic fatality, or they had to pass 'i love you forever' to family members watching their loved ones pass through a glass window.

Bearing witness to these things will be a very tough thing, and those that do it tirelessly will need our support in THEIR recovery.

Stickers

Posted (edited)

Promises kept

When many of our health Care providers started using tele health for non-emergent visits (a great idea that helps to remain in contact with worried patients from their homes) we were taking a risk.  There was some hemming, a bit of hawwing and what have you whether insurance companies would be involved to help reduce the cost.

There details are in my wife's realm, but she told me last night that Insurance has held up their original idea (they made an initial commitment to cover 80%) and then some; they are covering tele- health 100%

Edited by RichP714

Stickers

Flyover states:

If anyone has been following the map I posted previously, you'll have been able to see how things progresz in your area.  for 3example, here in Nebraska, with very low numbers, the line of loss of control has been moving forward into the future (so far, things seem to be under control).  Other areas have seen that control line move closer, or have passed it entirely.

Yes, it has much to do with population density, but also (I HOPE) it may indicate that mid-country states have taken the social distance measures more seriously (there's more room here to do so).

Regardless of the reason, here's the latest US situation (clickable)

capture.png.17fea20cfac9d09063b9a952c26d5b6f.png

• Thank You 1

Stickers

On 3/20/2020 at 6:38 PM, mbskeam said:

When the tech and office worker go back, they can say, "see, we can work from home"

lets keep it going, middle management should be scared... less traffic, pollution etc...

I agree. Nail in the coffin of commercial real estate. Could be worse than in '09.