Sign in to follow this  
danowood

Pink Floyd's top 10 albums

Recently YouTube brought up "Animals" as something I should listen to. I have not seriously listened to this since the "Animals" tour in 1977.  I've had discussions with coworkers in the past about how much they hated this album - I really liked it. I'm listening to it now, came over to the computer and saw this post.

What really surprised me ... it's 40+ years later and I still know all of the words.  Long term memory I guess ...

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

Stickers

Posted (edited)

I had a garage sale quite a few years ago and after I finished my basement in our new house last year, I started getting my sound room set up. But when I organized all my cd's I noticed that all my Pink Floyd cd's were gone. So I recently purchased a new digitally remastered box set named Pink Floyd Discovery which has 14 albums. Animals is still one of my favorites along with Wish You Were Here. 

I spent 3 years in Germany in the service and was able to see David Gilmore with his Floyd band on the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour in Stuttgart. The best concert I have ever been to by far. 4 hours of PF and no opening band. Still have the ticket. My favorite band.

IMG_4359.JPG

IMG_4360.jpg

Edited by Rob
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3

Stickers

2 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

I didn’t even know they had ten albums....

They have even more if you count all the bootleg albums released in the UK but never made it over here....

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

Stickers