Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Concert Ticket Stubs

Now that a lot of us have more than usual time on our hands, the reminiscing factor starts to kick in with family and friends at home or on social platforms. I thought it would be a good idea to stop thinking about what's going on in the world at the present time and think about the past for a minute. 

I had posted some Pink Floyd stuff yesterday and man, did the old memories kick in. So lets see everyones old concert ticket stubs and maybe a little story behind it.

My friend and I took a train to go see this concert way out in BFE Germany not knowing that we had bought a one way train ticket and trains didn't run 24Hrs. We ended up sleeping in a women's bathroom in some guest house until the next morning because we didn't have any money left and ended up getting booted off the train the next day because the tickets were no good. 

Good times!

IMG_4361.JPG

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3
11 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Got to see these two weeks apart...

Deep.Purple-Pink.Floyd.1973.jpg

Wow 5 and 6 dollars tax included. Two great bands.👍

• That Rocks 2
4 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I went digging around and found these two....

Led.Zeppelin-1975.jpg

Led.Zeppelin.1977.jpg

That was one band I never got to see. 😞 Its kinda cool to see the different ticket designs.

• Thank You 1
2 hours ago, TonyW said:

Physical ticket stubs are going to become such a rarity in this age of barcodes scanned from your phone.

You are correct. Everything is printed or electronic. 

Here are the stubs that survived the shows from my past. 

47FA5F65-6FAD-43CC-B18F-949C752DE8D7.thumb.jpeg.c1928c85f9e8f66ba481d7915e6225f4.jpeg

l had one of those Led Zeppelin tickets from Tampa Stadium, what a night 4 songs then it rained ,show was cancelled  then Tampa’s finest cleared the field with night sticks. 

Good Times.........

• That Rocks 3
3 minutes ago, BluesMan57 said:

47FA5F65-6FAD-43CC-B18F-949C752DE8D7.thumb.jpeg.c1928c85f9e8f66ba481d7915e6225f4.jpeg

l had one of those Led Zeppelin tickets from Tampa Stadium, what a night 4 songs then it rained ,show was cancelled  then Tampa’s finest cleared the field with night sticks. 

Good Times.........

Nice collection. 

• Thank You 1
13 minutes ago, BluesMan57 said:

Good Times.........

Wow I was at most of those with you, some I had totally forgotten about. 

Yeah the Zepplin show I had waited a long time to see was a disappointment because of the weather.

One of the best was seeing Stevie Ray Vaughn just a few short months before his passing. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • 1 year later...

Wow !!!  we have ticket stubs from ball games, vacations, trains,.....  We are probably millionaires and don't even realize it......

Wasn't in P. T. Barnum who said "there's a sucker born every minute" ???   

Suppose everyone's got to have a hobby and collect something right?  I have even heard there are people that seek out and collect old broken down audio equipment.  Then fix up the audio gear and give it to each other......  Go Figure !!!  **)) 

• Haha 3