CT-Seven

Usps/Post Office Rant Thread

Parcel volume has been through the roof, normally on a Sunday it was easy money come in at 8:30 by 1-1:30 you would be out the door. But nope it was a 9 hour day today. And it was not amazon as it was UPS parcels that we are getting and a ton of Walmart packages too

I finally received my final tax info and decided to send my taxes across town to my accountant.

I have a supply of USPS Priority Mail envelopes and figured I would avoid a trip to FedEx.

Mind you - my accountant is 10 miles from my house.

Here is the tracking:

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 5.53.04 AM.png

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1

Stickers

11 hours ago, CT-Seven said:

Yeah its funny how things have to be extra complicated for no darn reason sometimes

Ain't that the truth. This is a FedEx shipment to me. It reads backwards to me, with the latest scan at top. That said, it took 4 days and 3 hops to move about 170 miles from the start point.

Monday , 4/27/202011:02 am

MONTICELLO, IL
In transit
3:57 am

CHAMPAIGN, IL
In transit

Saturday , 4/25/20207:41 pm

CHAMPAIGN, IL
In transit
12:54 am

FEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI
Departed FedEx location

Friday , 4/24/20205:16 am

FEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI
Arrived at FedEx location

Thursday , 4/23/202010:12 pm

NILES, IL
Left FedEx origin facility
8:17 pm

NILES, IL
Arrived at FedEx location
4:02 pm

• Thank You 1

Stickers

"Whatcha gonna do?" Tony Soprano

I saw another instance of 2 day delivery taking two weeks. I guess they're using Lunar days,

• Sad 1

Stickers

19 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

"Whatcha gonna do?" Tony Soprano

I saw another instance of 2 day delivery taking two weeks. I guess they using Lunar days,

“You’re only as good as your last envelope.”

— Silvio Dante

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

Stickers

7 hours ago, itchitch said:

My TWO DAY delivery from CO to MA

A1ED8769-929B-4335-841A-F72C48B6669E.jpeg

Thanks itch.  I appreciate you sending me this. It will get here eventually (i think?)

I bought some used CDs on May 12th. Shipped on the 14th I think. NC to MA. Arrived yesterday. Spent 7 days at one location, then showed as "In transit to next facility", then showed back at the previous location again. Spent a total of 10 days at one location.

Stickers

Posted (edited)

Ironically I too have my own dose of USPS fail where is my package (grumble, grumble)

The seller did refund me. So no biggie

image.thumb.jpeg.ab9e41912f0dddffd37003cb82767ec7.jpeg

Edited by CT-Seven

I ordered a tool on May 5th from a company in California. I chose "Standard" 3-5 day shipping. Because of a lot of stuff going on I completely forgot about ordering the tool.

Yesterday I go out to my mailbox and find a large padded envelope stuffed into the box, crunching up the other mail in there. 🙄

Hmmm, what is this? Open it up and it's Christmas !! A new tool !! Awesome !!

California to Tennessee in 29 days !!! A new Conestoga delivery record !!!

• Haha 2

Stickers

Posted (edited)

Yeah its crazy because I just found out that many people working in the processing plants have not been going to work

So it piles up and EVERY DAY is Christmas

Edited by CT-Seven

I heard in an office I was working in today the office normally gets about 10000 parcels lately they have been getting 15-18000 parcels a day.

6 minutes ago, Packratt said:

I heard in an office I was working in today the office normally gets about 10000 parcels lately they have been getting 15-18000 parcels a day.

Carpal Tunnel signing for all that!

Stickers

From what I have been witnessing here, that's solely due to the increased Carversite member buying activity😁.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Packratt said:

Wow!! No thank you... ☠️ But then again the 💵 must me coming in good.

Here's my latest package scheduled to arrive tomorrow:

image.png.c1306ccd3d818fec2042d0e4335e8ec5.png

Seems they don't know where 01153 zip code is, even though they came up with the zip code system .... LOL.

This is actually Springfield MA.  It's a black hole. I could get it tomorrow, or 2 weeks from now .........

• Haha 2

Stickers

Posted (edited)

Grrrr lost package.  Post office tracking says in or at mailbox!  Five minutes after getting notice no package at or near mailbox, flag still up with outgoing mail, mail pickup up next day.  I’m upset as it’s a medical related part for my oxygen!

sent notice to sender and filed a  notice with post office.  

Last time this happened, my audio gear never surfaced, the seller, AudioAdvisor sent another very quickly!  

I’m hoping that John’s Hopkins Pharmequip does similar customer service!

Edited by BarryG

5 hours ago, BarryG said:

Grrrr lost package.  Post office tracking says in or at mailbox!  Five minutes after getting notice no package at or near mailbox, flag still up with outgoing mail, mail pickup up next day.  I’m upset as it’s a medical related part for my oxygen!

sent notice to sender and filed a  notice with post office.  

Last time this happened, my audio gear never surfaced, the seller, AudioAdvisor sent another very quickly!  

I’m hoping that John’s Hopkins Pharmequip does similar customer service!

How late at night was this? I ask because sometimes we get pushed back sooo late and they do not want us scanning parcels after a certain time that we just mark them delivered, 9 times out of 10 that parcel will be delivered otherwise it gets delivered tomorrow. But its sad to see DELIVERED and no package plus the upside that they did not pick up your outgoing either (double whammy)

Posted (edited)

I got the delivered notice at 2 pm on Friday, a normal delivery time!  Today (Sunday) I got a notice saying it will be delivered tomorrow.  I have the email notification of mail to be delivered.  This package tracked to my local post office on Wednesday.  I was expecting it on Thursday.  It’s a long time to use a tank of oxygen, would rather use my accumulator!

my outgoing mail was in my mailbox with flag up thursday and finally picked up Saturday.

Edited by BarryG

Posted (edited)

Wow just wow, I know we have been hit very hard but there is no excuse to have outgoing mail sitting since thursday there

Edited by CT-Seven

Still no package!  I am now without oxygen tonight.  Night have to go out and buy a part, doubt my health insurance (Medicare) will pay for the replacement!