Just joined after discovering this site! Looks like an amazing group of fellow Carver/audio enthusiasts with a wealth of knowledge. I've learned alot already just browsing the forums here.

With quite a bit more time on my hands than previous to Covid, I'm beginning to work through restoring some of my too long dormant audio equipment, I bought new in the early 80's. Much to my wifes' consternation, as I get them all up and working again, they're  slowly migrating back into the living spaces of our home. 

Just finished refreshing my old Technics SL-QL1 turntable and getti gan education on how to clean old vinyl.  Now turning my attention to my Carver m1.5t to bring it back to life, then on to my M&K S1b's satellites and V1b Volkswoofer and maybe my old Akai cassette deck. Then if all goes to plan will be rounding up a couple more Carver amps to restore and use as power for a home theater.

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 8

Hi NCAudio951-

Welcome. I have only been on board for a couple weeks and this place is great. There is so much knowledge (way over my head), experience, humor and cleaverness. I especially like it for the entertainment value because of the virus slow down and am also learning by osmosis. So enjoy. This is a wonderful group.

• Thank You 2

1 hour ago, DrummerJuice said:

Welcome NCAudio951!

As soon as your able, we'd love to see pics of your gear!

welcome home.jpg

Thanks! Once I'm eligible, I'll definitely post some pics of everything, especially the m1.5t as I refresh it.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

• That Rocks 1

• Community Admin

Welcome @NCAudio951.  This is a pretty cool place to hang out.

Glad you found us.

When you get your gear all placed, just right, where consternation is at it's peak..., take a couple photos, and share!  We LOVE photos of member's gear.

Again, Welcome Aboard.

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to the group!  Sounds like you have quite the lineup to keep you out of mischief for a bit.  Nice selection of equipment.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures when you can.  :)

• Thank You 1

Welcome to the site! We are all a bunch of audio gear heads who love music and gear. Congrats on your repair of the turntable!  Now that you are here, you need to be aware of 2 things:

1. OCCD - worse than Corona virus, but you don't die from it. You go broke or in debt.

2. We are enablers. We encourage people to buy the gear they want or think they want.

But mostly, enjoy the site......grin

• Haha 2

Hello NCAudio951, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

OCCD is strong with this one!  Welcome to the site!  Glad your here, kick off your shoes, grab your favorite beverage (for me it’s dark roast sumatra) put on  tunes and crank it!  Since we are all sitting at home in self quarantine, let’s have a block party!  

lots of great info and people here!  Have fun and let me say we love Photos!  Enjoy your stay, come back often, feel free to ask questions!

barry

• Thank You 1