New old audio "head" in N.C.

The Dragon and the Revox were ones I always covetted, but they were always WAY out of my league at the time.  It's great to see someone who actually has both, and better yet, still has them in use.   :)  I do note that to your credit, they all seem to be single tape units.  No fast dubbing specials, here - just quality.  

Now for the inevitable question - any favorites?  Any that stand out as great or perhaps not so?  Any especially neat features?

I just have a very mundane Sony TC-FX6 unit that still gets a bit of use, but typically no recording - that's all done to CD these days.

The cabinet is incredible.  Absolutely beautiful work.  The light unit across the top is a perfect touch.

There are times I wonder if this group may not be half dedicated to Audio, half dedicated to incredible woodworking, and half dedicated to fast or great cars/trucks and motorbikes.  Many here seem to excel at 2 or more of those (myself excluded - I stick to the audio, these days). 

Last, and far from least, you need to put up some pictures of what you play these through!  :D  And the switches that you use - those must be an incredible setup.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

• Thank You 1

Here are some shots of the switchers before I moved 2 years ago. I will re-arrange the layout to put the switchers outside the wall cabinet. It's easier to deal with 24 sets of RCA patch cords that way.

I think I had the rack polluted with a bunch of Pioneer decks when that photo was taken

I do have 3 Revox decks now: the B710mkII, B-215 and B-215S

mgjdKEE.jpg

YXEBogO.jpg

GSm2W55.jpg

UwRHznt.jpg

xykvq65.jpg

I have what you would call  "He - Shed" where I setup a bunch of equipment this month to celebrate my shunning of People.

It is very much a work in progress at this point. I still have a lot of things to connect and work out.

Here is one side of source components and the KRC-3 preamp and then the speakers, Marchand crossover and amps.

vx4NRiI.jpg

PP8Ccjo.jpg

• That Rocks 3
  • Love this! 1

Wow - that is an amazing collection, and system!  Thanks for sharing.  ~^

Moving those cable bundles outside the cabinet makes complete sense, and has the bonus of freeing slots for a couple more decks.  

I suspect most of us would have to claim that our system's are a work in progress.  Yours just has more of a (temporary?) end in sight.  :)  Good luck with it all, and enjoy the music while you do.

• That Rocks 1

I see someone has a passion for cassette decks......grin.

That is a very nice setup! 
I like the idea of your “he shed”. I would enjoy that too, just to quietly sit and listen all day long......grin. 
Thank you for the pics!