THE SMOKEHOUSE.

Rob

2 hours ago, Rob said:

I didn't use any BBQ sauce on mine but that is something I will try next time on a few of them. Maybe some Bullseye or Sweet Babyrays. 

I used Sweet BabyRays on most of mine ... and Open Pit on a few others (Not pictured due to my wife stealing those right away 😆.  I didn't believe BBQ sauce was going to matchup well either Pat, but both worked well.  I was actually surprised with the Open Pit.  I only did a few with that because I thought for sure the Tangy would be weird.

• That Rocks 2

7 hours ago, Rob said:

I didn't use any BBQ sauce on mine but that is something I will try next time on a few of them. Maybe some Bullseye or Sweet Babyrays. 

And the hamburgers. You guys need to try smoking some burgers. I know it takes longer but I smoked them for a bout 2 hours @ 250 degrees and man they are awesome. 

The BBQ sauce makes them like candy :)

Edited by engtaz
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, Scrappy said:

I used Sweet BabyRays on most of mine ... and Open Pit on a few others (Not pictured due to my wife stealing those right away 😆.  I didn't believe BBQ sauce was going to matchup well either Pat, but both worked well.  I was actually surprised with the Open Pit.  I only did a few with that because I thought for sure the Tangy would be weird.

Can’t go wrong with sweet baby Ray’s!  

• That Rocks 1

On 6/13/2022 at 6:38 PM, Receiver2000 said:

I wouldn't think that it would be needed with all those flavors already

I thought exactly the same thing until I took the first bite… yep BBQ would totally work was my first reaction

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

On 6/13/2022 at 11:09 AM, Scrappy said:

Try the new Blue Hog, comes in different variety flavors.  You'll never want to go back to baby rays.

• That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 1

2 hours ago, danowood said:

Try the new Blue Hog, comes in different variety flavors.  You'll never want to go back to baby rays.

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for Blue Hog.

My all time favorite was The James Gang, Sweet Southern Heat Whiskey Grilling Sauce but it stopped being carried locally (just saw it's now available online! Woohoo, back in business bitches!)

Screenshot_20220616-125004_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.8673cbc4597c3ca0c43e7c7e9c4acfc4.jpg

My standard go to now is Stubbs Original for bbq'd oysters and pork. Depending on the fat content of what I'm bbq'ing I'll add butter and dried garden chili flakes.

Screenshot_20220616-124827_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.fdaddfbe03ede188e8e1b2827e130fb8.jpg

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • OMG 1

You are supposed to laugh. Not be serious. C'mon now. 

I understand. I feel its like going to Menards and buying groceries. Just joking.

• That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1

Gonna smoking some top round steaks, hamburgers, and some pork fat to make tallow to inject into the brisket that is next on the smoker. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3

9 hours ago, Rob said:

You are supposed to laugh. Not be serious. C'mon now. 

I understand. I feel its like going to Menards and buying groceries. Just joking.

Not smokehouse related, but I find the oddest interesting finds in the strangest places..., ever go to TJ Maxx or Sierra Outdoors and see the food they have at the impulse-buy-shelf approaching the checkout?  Brands one never heard of..., but sometimes an interesting find. 

@Rob I'm a "Groceries at Menards" fan.  Prices are good there too.  Love Wheaties to drive my morning constitution each day.  Menards (a big box home improvement store here in many of the midwest states - FYI to those not familiar) has breakfast cereal at sometimes half the price of grocery stores.  I think they just give it their usual markup - not the gouging markup that grocery stores apply for that "necessity" item.  Then, there's the everyday 11%off on everything, food too.  $3 for a box of Wheaties that's $6.50 for the same package at the grocery store.  Not Bad!  😉 LoL!

Edited by AndrewJohn
  • Thank You 2

I understand manufacturers selling large orders to huge big box stores at massive discounts, but it is the small stores that educate their employees to introduce us to those products then we stab them in the back and buy them elsewhere for less from a store whose employees don't know what we're talking about or what isle it would be on. 

I'll miss the small local shops that make you feel like Norm walking into Cheers but half price is half price.

• Thank You 1

I am somewhat hesitant to put this out there as it may make it even harder to find here in NC even though they do ship.

Over the years I have tried many and Stubs was my fav before finding this. They used to have only one which is the original now but lately added some more flavor profiles and I found the Hot and Spicy to even be a little better. They are a small family operation in OK and you can find it easy in the 4 state area surrounding TX but they are trying to expand.

HOT-SPICY_20.png

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 2

A little Fathers Day smoking going on today. Top Round, Pork Neck for a little snack, Pepperjack Burgers, and smoking some fat to render and inject into a brisket I will do in a couple weeks. 

Happy Fathers Day to all. 

IMG_8986.JPG

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3