Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

31 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hunting camp in July ? What are you hunting ? Or are you doing hunting-related work like food plots, tree stand maintenance, etc.?

B-Man, I just call it the hunting camp. My belated father (4 years, now) and I hunted for whitetail deer at this place for 23 years straight.

Basically, it's just an older 1965 built 50' foot trailer with all the amenities inside including a nice wood stove and air conditioning, etc.

I'm eventually going to tear it down and have the Amish build something like a cabin. I try to get out here as many weekends as I can to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

I'll have a nice fire for next weekend.

I found my father's mountain pie makers. Remember when you were a kid and you went camping with your family and made those over the fire?

just placed two pieces of bread one on each side of the mountain pie maker and fill it with either pie filling or cheese pepperoni, etc. Very tasty!

I'm right in the middle of the forest and have four acres of land.

It's going to be another home I will have to add Carver equipment to. LOL

KIMG1274.JPG

KIMG1143.JPG

Edited by aceman117
  • That Rocks 4
  • Love this! 1
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got into a hobby, if you want to call it that,  about a couple years ago. I went and purchased a smoker and decided to give it a try. Not a pellet or disc but a real log fire smoker. I don't know wh

Here is mine. I made it 25 years ago from international gas transmission line pipe. Mounted it on separate platform with a center peg so that I can swing it around 360*. Once it heats up it can do a s

If I had all the money I've spent on "disposable" grills over the years, I could buy 1/5 of DavidH's system.  🙂 You guys know - all of the gas grills that are great the day you first use it and then s

Posted Images

That is a great place to get away. And yes, I remember those pie makers. We used to have those and we made a lot of good snack. 

I used to have 40 acres up near Greg that my father and I did a lot of hunting. Good times and great memories. 

21 minutes ago, Rob said:

That is a great place to get away. And yes, I remember those pie makers. We used to have those and we made a lot of good snack. 

I used to have 40 acres up near Greg that my father and I did a lot of hunting. Good times and great memories. 

I found a total of six mountain pie makers and four popcorn makers in the pole barn next to the trailer.

Lots of stuff my father still has from when we were kids...

Even found the old fashioned wooden sleds we usedin the winter time when we were three years old.

Also, found a ton of 8 track tapes and over a hundred vinyl records...

Lots of vintage audio equipment. He used to buy a lot of realistic crap. LOL

Going to smoke some nice baby back ribs and possibly a nice brisket next week.

KIMG1279.JPG

Edited by aceman117
  • That Rocks 3
19 minutes ago, aceman117 said:

He used to buy a lot of realistic crap. LOL

Hey, Nothing wrong with Realistic. lol. There used to be a Radio Shack in our town when I was growing up. Had everything I wanted when I was learning electronics. My dad bought me an old 65 in 1 kit there. 

image.thumb.png.479050718665c2187a12c0c7b63c0aeb.png

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 6
6 minutes ago, Rob said:

Hey, Nothing wrong with Realistic. lol. There used to be a Radio Shack in our town when I was growing up. Had everything I wanted when I was learning electronics. My dad bought me an old 65 in 1 kit there. 

image.thumb.png.479050718665c2187a12c0c7b63c0aeb.png

I should have worded it differently. Some of that radio shack stuff was pretty good. It just doesn't compare to Carver. LOL

I wonder if you can still find that kit online? That looks to be a pretty cool set!

What temperature are you cooking the beef ribs at?

• Community Admin
1 hour ago, aceman117 said:

I should have worded it differently. Some of that radio shack stuff was pretty good. It just doesn't compare to Carver. LOL

I wonder if you can still find that kit online? That looks to be a pretty cool set!

What temperature are you cooking the beef ribs at?

I friend of mine had some Realistic speakers that I liked, but I don't remember what model they were. 

• Thank You 4

When I saw that electronics kit in THIS topic, all I could think of was ... in my hands, I would probably be able to smoke Rob's robs using the kit.  Can you say "let the magic smoke out?" #-o:D

Hope the ribs turned out fantastic!

• Haha 4
34 minutes ago, Rob said:

I am stoking the fire and checking temps between downpours. lol

Speaking of downpours, this apple tree that was standing for over 40 years just snapped in half before my eyes.

The wind and rain was really severe!

The deer would always be around that tree eating the fallen apples.

I have to plant another tree now.

Save me some ribs.

KIMG1281.JPG

• Thank You 1
  • Sad 2
26 minutes ago, aceman117 said:

this apple tree that was standing for over 40 years just snapped in half before my eyes.

Wow, 40 years and BAM! Gone. That sucks. But you should get some suckers growing off the base. 

• Thank You 1

But if it is a grafted tree, the suckers might not necessarily be of the Apple tree, they may just be of the root stock used😟.

On the positive side,  you will be set for some nice smoking wood for quite awhile😄.

Edited by Receiver2000
  • Thank You 1
7 minutes ago, Receiver2000 said:

But if it is a grafted tree, the suckers might not necessarily be of the Apple tree, they may just be of the root stock used😟.

On the positive side,  you will be set for some nice smoking wood for quite awhile😄.

The good news is there's another apple tree right behind it.

I didn't think about using that wood for smoking. Looks I will have plenty of apple wood chips to  last a lifetime.

• Thank You 2
2 hours ago, RodH said:

No pic of the inside??!!!

Once I dove in, I couldn't stop. Sorry!!!  😂

Oh wait. 

IMG_5033.JPG

Pretty damn juicy.

Edited by Rob
  • Haha 4
  • 4 weeks later...