Find results in...

MrHP product's

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picked up some of Wayne (Kingman)'s gear while visiting at Ed (sea)'s house last weekend. It's an honor to own some of his gear. Phase Linear Dual 500. What a beast! It weighs close to 80lbs and

Posted Images

Sweet!  I love the way that cedar pops, the yellow pith-wood, with the gold ribbons in the line array.

Is the woofer-box ported?  That could make the second "smell-a-audio" experience..., putting the cedar aroma out to fill the room along with the music... 😉

(Can you guess what the first "smell-a-audio" experience is? LoL)

• Haha 2

Thanks everybody, I haven't even got them wired yet and with my limited experience that alone will take a while...lol. the woofer box is sealed so that will cut back on audio aroma 😄. They will be Tri-amped with a 10" sub. 

• That Rocks 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Got the ribbons wired up. I found some military grade silver plated copper wire and some NASA space station silver plated copper wire on ebay, so why not. Also found some gold plated connectors.

20210617_222138.jpg

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 3

Got the big sub box built, painted and sub installed.  It's a little over 15 cubic ft. Right now my 625x2 is monoblocked to the sub. Reeealy deep base.

20210613_152933.jpg

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2
  • Love this! 2
1 hour ago, Walrus Gumboot said:

It is a shame you are not going all out on this project (please note heavy sarcasm).  🙂

Lol...I tend to go a bit overboard on just about everything 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, MRHP said:

Got the big sub box built, painted and sub installed.  It's a little over 15 cubic ft. Right now my 625x2 is monoblocked to the sub. Reeealy deep base.

20210613_152933.jpg

Is that a semi transmission line design?  Your design? or one of the box-kits out there, or plans, online?

Very nice,...

• Haha 1

Those line arrays are absolutely beautiful!  Nice choice on the wood - the grain is fantastic.

That sub is big enough that I'm going to be able to feel it when you crank it up!   

You're right - if it's worth doing, it's worth WAY overdoing!!!   :D

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
21 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

Is that a semi transmission line design?  Your design? or one of the box-kits out there, or plans, online?

Very nice,...

It's just a ported box but yes the port is massive. The port is 5"t  x 22"w x 42" long. Box height is right at 48". Tuned to 21hz, total box volume is a bit over 15 cubic ft. It begins to roll of at 18hz. One of the tech guys at Parts Express calculated the numbers for me. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
21 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

Those line arrays are absolutely beautiful!  Nice choice on the wood - the grain is fantastic.

That sub is big enough that I'm going to be able to feel it when you crank it up!   

You're right - if it's worth doing, it's worth WAY overdoing!!!   :D

Thank you, the line arrays turned out better than expected. Hope they sound as good as they look.

• That Rocks 2
21 hours ago, Balok said:

Love the polka dot carpet. 

Speakers nice too. 

We are going for the retro look in the basement hence the polka dot carpet, goldish light fixture, hideous green curtains, etc.😁

• That Rocks 2
  • 1 month later...

Well after pulling out what little hair I have left. I'm getting a handle on the Drive Rack PA2.

The speakers sound wonderful and were definitely worth the effort. Really deep Soundstage and very detailed. They have a well rounded delicate sound. Definitely not rock and roll party in the street type speakers. Better suited to classical, jazz, Dier Straights type music. 

Decided to go with a pair of Parts Express 10" sealed subs to better match up with them.

20210808_180440.jpg

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 3