Hello from Central PA!!

Had been looking at Carver gear since long before I could afford it, and have recently acquired my first piece, a M 1.5T amp.  So far, its amazing, as I had always imagined.  Look forward to learning, sharing and talking to you folks! 

• Thank You 7
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome to the TheCarverSite @deckley!!!  Glad you found us here and you have chosen a very good amp there.  I use the same one in my system and had to do some repairs on mine.  If you haven't completed a re-cap/refurbishment on it, I'd recommend it be done soon since the low and mid rail caps on these are notorious for going bad by now.

The repair/refurb I completed is documented in here in the link below:

If you know yours has already been refurbed, then rock on!  I love mine since the repair!

Turbo

• Thank You 3

Well, you're at a great place to get any help you might need.  There are many very knowledgeable and terrific folks in here who are dedicated to all things Carver.

If yours looks like the pic of mine below, then it still has those original blue (Capacitor Technologies) dual caps in it and really needs to be updated.  I completed mine several years ago before there were the adapter boards available.  Now you can email @Circuits & Concepts for one of his slick cca's that make this repair a snap for you.  He also sells them on the bay too.

IMG_0028_800x600.jpg.c8734cfb45eb610912f13a0c260ab48b.jpg

Turbo

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome aboard with your new amp! It’s a great sounding amp when refurbished and we have technicians here that do great work. It’s a great amp to crank up the tunes with.......grin

• Thank You 1

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to the group!  That's a great into to carver gear!  Let us know a bit more about the rest of your system, and when you get a few posts under your belt, we'd love some pictures of it.  One great thing about the Carver equipment is that it was designed to be maintainable, unlike the systems being produced, today.

Given your avatar, I can see you have great taste in music!  That, too will fit in here, really well.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome to the asylum !! Congrats on the amp - it's a true powerhouse - be careful !!

What kind of sources and speakers are you using in your system ?

You know, a picture is worth a thousand words and to really answer us properly you will need at least 2,000 words...

That's a LOT of typing...

Just saying...  🙂 

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 2

• Community Admin
14 hours ago, deckley said:

Thank you, Turbo.  Made some noise with it yesterday, didn't hear anything "off:, so I don't know if it has been gone over or not.  Have to dig into it a little more!

Welcome @deckley.  You found a great place for Carver enthusiasts.

FWIW, you may not hear issues, but you might hear a difference in the refreshed unit!  Another reason to replace/refresh the amp replacing the consumables with modern-performing caps, and parts as needed.

I have an M1.5 and it definitely sounded better after it was gone through by @Nahash5150, here (and at Nelion Audio) as another additional method to DIY for getting it done.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Hello deckley, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Congratulations on the M-1.5t. It is highly regarded by many here. That amp is due for a refresh, and your ears will thank you for it. There are several techs here capable of doing the work for you if you don't want to do it yourself. Look for Carver Repair Team under their avatar or Nahash5150. There are many DIYrs here too. 

Please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

14 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to the group!  That's a great into to carver gear!  Let us know a bit more about the rest of your system, and when you get a few posts under your belt, we'd love some pictures of it.  One great thing about the Carver equipment is that it was designed to be maintainable, unlike the systems being produced, today.

Given your avatar, I can see you have great taste in music!  That, too will fit in here, really well.

Well, the system as it stands today:

Cambridge Audio CX80, used as preamp.  Carver M1.5 T driving KLH Kendal floor standers.  PS Audio S300 driving Focal 706's, mounted to the wall.  For inputs, computer via USB for Tidal, Sony 400 disk DVD/SACD, Audio Technica AT LP-5, thru a Schiit Mani.  Pretty basic, compared to what I've seen here...but its loud now!

And Porcupine Tree just knocks my socks off, every time i hear anything they do...

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 3

I definitely can't fault your taste in  equipment or music.  I have to agree, I became quite addicted to PT a number of years, ago.  :)  Always a pleasure to listen to. d:b

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

22 minutes ago, deckley said:

Well, the system as it stands today:

Cambridge Audio CX80, used as preamp.  Carver M1.5 T driving KLH Kendal floor standers.  PS Audio S300 driving Focal 706's, mounted to the wall.  For inputs, computer via USB for Tidal, Sony 400 disk DVD/SACD, Audio Technica AT LP-5, thru a Schiit Mani.  Pretty basic, compared to what I've seen here...but its loud now!

And Porcupine Tree just knocks my socks off, every time i hear anything they do...

Pictures...  (and I don't mean your bare feet)  :D

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • Haha 2