Hello from Virginia!

Hi to all, new member from Oakton, Virginia here, just west of DC.

I'm a long time audiophile. Not new to Carver but my major acquisitions of Bob's gear through the years have been Sunfire. I have the Classic Tube preamp, as well as the 300x2 and 600x2 amps. Currently thinking of sending my 600x2 in for another servicing since it has developed a slight hum in one channel. But it works so darn well with my Martin Logan CLS original speakers!

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 3

Hello kmanusa, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, kmanusa said:

I was thinking of sending it to Bill Flannery, the only place I know of that works on Sunfire.

23 minutes ago, RodH said:

Bill is good.

Our Greg nelionaudio.com should be able to help you as well.

I'll second the nelionaudio.com recommendation. It should save you some shipping time and cost too. Bill Flannery is in WA, and Greg is in MI.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome Kmanusa! I've always been a fan of the Sunfire stuff! Have a look at some of the pics of Gregs work at Nelion audio. I think you will be impressed! Hard to go wrong with Bill either.

welcome home.jpg

• Thank You 1

Thanks all for the welcoming! And many thanks for the repair tip, I will definitely consider sending my 600 to Greg— I did not know I had a choice. 😊 

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2

Welcome Kman! I recommend Nelion audio too! I just had two amps serviced by him and another on the way for an MKII mod. He does great work.

You won’t regret sending it and the money is well spent.......grin

• That Rocks 1

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to the group.   Sunfire lovers definitely belong here belong here - you'll find yourself in very good company.  There are lots of options with respect to repairs for your gear.  Distance for shipping may be one of the biggest factors - Sunfire gear isn't going to fit into an envelope and take a basic stamp, to ship.

The good thing is that there are options so getting it fixed is certainly doable.  Like others here I can attest to Greg at Nelion's repair talents, but the key is your comfort in whose fingers reach inside your systems.

For now, relax, and perhaps send us some pictures of your rig when you can.  And enjoy the music.