Hello from Alabama!

I recently acquired a pair of Carver Silver 7t amps that have sat unused for approximately 20 years. While they both function in their present condition, I am looking forward to getting them tuned up by someone familiar with this type of amplifier so I can feel comfortable in using them. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks In advance. 

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 5

Hello string,  and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help. One or more of the resident techs will most likely chime in here. There are several here that refresh those amps for you.

Nice score by the way. 7ts are very sought after, and highly regarded!

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Nice score string and welcome to the site! You won’t be disappointed with those amps and a nice set of speakers! Once refurbished, they should sound great. Several techs here able to refresh them, may be a waiting list.......grin

On 5/16/2020 at 4:27 PM, strlng said:

I recently acquired a pair of Carver Silver 7t amps that have sat unused for approximately 20 years. While they both function in their present condition, I am looking forward to getting them tuned up by someone familiar with this type of amplifier so I can feel comfortable in using them. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks In advance. 

Welcome String !! Great amps you have there.

Give Greg a call at Nelion Audio. He can discuss your amps and the possibilities for them. He's also very active here - probably because he owns the joint !!  😄

@Nahash5150 is his username, breathing life (and sometimes superpowers) into Carver gear is his game.

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2
  • Love this! 2

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to the site - you certainly know how to enter the Carver world in style - very nice addition.  As others have already noted, you are definitely in the right place to find expertise in getting those amps tuned up to the best state possible - and a fantastic state that is, with those.

When you do have a moment, let us know a bit more about what you are feeding into them, and what you are driving with them.  And when you can, pictures are always appreciated!

For now, it's great to have you aboard, and remember to enjoy the music!  🙂

• Community Admin

Welcome.  7t's are highly regarded, and well sought after.  They are wonderful in powering hard-to-drive speakers.

Definitely someone here will respond, who can work through those for you.

Welcome to the site, and please do share some pictures (requires a few more posts) of your rig, and stay a while.

43 minutes ago, strlng said:

Thanks for all of the “welcome” comments and other suggestions. I am looking forward to becoming an active participant in your site. 

Get your post count up and then you can upload photos. We love pics of gear!