It's that time!  The lucky number is 34 which according to my list has itchitch right on the button as the recipient of this Karma!  =D=

Steve, please PM me your addy and we'll get this out in the next few days!

34.jpg

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2

Stickers

NFW !

This is exactly what my state-of-mind needed.

Charlie, thank you very much for your generosity (especially in light of you current circumstances.)

Not just for this Karma, but for all you have done for the members of this site!

Steve

• Thank You 4
  • Love this! 1

Stickers

A very generous karma Charlie, thanks for sharing. Congrats to Steve for his good fortune.

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 1

Nice Karma, He's going to be real happy with that. When I was younger I invested heavily in Canon gear, FI with big motor drive, several lenses, etc. Should have gone Nikon, at least it's easy to adapt the lenses to a digital camera. Who knew.......Photography sure has changed. I can remember shooting all the B&W I wanted, I developed it in my bathroom. Color? That was expensive, didn't use that film much. Carefully framed every shot.

BillWojo

• Thank You 1

12 hours ago, BillWojo said:

Nice Karma, He's going to be real happy with that. When I was younger I invested heavily in Canon gear, FI with big motor drive, several lenses, etc. Should have gone Nikon, at least it's easy to adapt the lenses to a digital camera. Who knew.......Photography sure has changed. I can remember shooting all the B&W I wanted, I developed it in my bathroom. Color? That was expensive, didn't use that film much. Carefully framed every shot.

BillWojo

A new rabbit hole may well be opened for Steve... ( @itchitch ).  I know a few of us have fell in, over time.  @BarryG has been there.  Maybe there's a connection between audio-philia and camera-philia?

When I was doing geology field work right out of college, sent to strange, and lonely places, my OCD was cameras.  Probably the only other hobby that has similar characteristics of falling off the edge into the deep end, as OCCD with Carver.  Each time I would go out in the Ouachita mountains in AK, or the Peidmont region of the of the Ozarks in MO, I could pack a "kit" of toys to spend nights in roadside motel rooms in no-where-ville. 

In the mid 80's, I had (embarrassingly) too much of this entire Nikon line:

1895156368_NikonLine1985.jpg.226311b207a50c2c7ce8a7b6dae72203.jpg

I had almost every one of these lenses, except for the big refractor, and the large fisheye...

1980433927_NikkorLensLine1985.thumb.jpg.7ac6e994725d2f56ec5931abfaa0eeae.jpg

Then CCD chips came out, were perfected..., and digital took over.  I had a china cabinet with my collection on display..., got stupid (or smart) one day, and sent it all to a liquidator, and took the cash, well after the value dropped to 10% of original investment.

Nikon really had their $hit together in marketing to the high-end, with a full line of exceptional components, that all worked.  If I jumped into that photography rabbit hole again, I would go Nikon.

Charley may have enabled Itch's next journey!

• Thank You 2

Stickers

I’ve used the big refractor, did not own it, funny when you get hired by a magazine to shoot things like space shuttle landings, what they provide for you!  Space shuttle landing at white sands missel range was a Spectacular sight! 

Edited by BarryG
  • Thank You 2

11 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

A new rabbit hole may well be opened for Steve... ( @itchitch ).  I know a few of us have fell in, over time.  @BarryG has been there.  Maybe there's a connection between audio-philia and camera-philia?

Nikon really had their $hit together in marketing to the high-end, with a full line of exceptional components, that all worked.  If I jumped into that photography rabbit hole again, I would go Nikon.

if film was still the main media, I would choose medium format 6x6 or 6 cm x 7 cm format. Hasselblad or maybe Mamiya;  I've even used a special aerial camera that was 4"x5" format.  the latter was infrared film for government work.

• Thank You 1