RichP714

12s on 5inch full flight | movr5r9 et2306 865kv r38 hqprop 12s650 95c

Very cool, Rich!  But when I first read that title it had me reaching for the phone to call 911, as it looked like you were having a stroke!  😏

• Haha 2

Stickers

That was awesome. I have been very interested in drones for awhile and the more I watch the more I want. 😆 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Stickers

16 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

Very cool, Rich!  But when I first read that title it had me reaching for the phone to call 911, as it looked like you were having a stroke!  😏

It does look like that; he's just using shorthand to tell you he took a standard 5 inch frame, stuck twelve battery packs to it, used 5 blade rotors and high amperage  speed controllers and high kv motors.

His reaction time is AMazing in these videos, and he makes it look easy.  I bet it would induce heavy nausea is he put a video camera in his quad

• That Rocks 2

Stickers

I agree - I have no idea how his reaction time was fast enough not to hit the ground, or other objects.  And yeah, to try and watch a video from that would requite enough drugs to make me comatose, and even then I think I'd probably be very green.  8-[

Absolutely incredible.  My vision couldn't even keep up watching it, let alone the idea of reacting in time to fly it.  Wow!   **))

That said, much like @Rob, I'd love to play with one.  :D

• Haha 1

Stickers

5 hours ago, RichP714 said:

... His reaction time is AMazing in these videos, and he makes it look easy.  ...

I know nothing about these toys...,

Do you think there might be sensors damping the reaction time of the human at the controls, preventing a crash?

• That Rocks 1

Stickers

I'm sure there's a certain degree of intelligence to these, and as long as you are over level ground (woe be it if there's a hill in the way).  My comments assumed that - still insane piloting!  🙀

Stickers

59 minutes ago, AndrewJohn said:

I know nothing about these toys...,

Do you think there might be sensors damping the reaction time of the human at the controls, preventing a crash?

20 minutes ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

I'm sure there's a certain degree of intelligence to these, and as long as you are over level ground (woe be it if there's a hill in the way).  My comments assumed that - still insane piloting!  🙀

There are severak 'levels' of quadcopter; the easiest ones to fly have PID controllers in them that stabilize flight characteristics.  The ones that I can fly are very vbasic; they auto hover, default to a hover if the controls are left alone, and try to stbly fly wherever the pilot 'guides; them.

Theses are the easiest to fly, but hardest to race; since the PID controller is really nursing everything along, the pilot inputs are in addition to the PID inputs, so quick direction changes or altitude changes are hnot possible; at a certain level (which doesn't include me) the PID is fighting the pilot.

The middle of the road ones usually have a learning mode, and a 'rate' mode' or whatever the brand caqlls it.

That's what you're seeing in Drone races, and in these freestyle flights i posted by QuadMover; the sticks are the only input, and the tilt is not limited, so you can do all manner of aerobatics; MUCH more difficult to even fly level and straight though; this guys is very highly skilled.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Stickers

My passion, mid 80's, was 1/10 scale offroad 4WD; back then, a heat was only 3 minutes, but it was an extremely exciting 3 minute battle where you try to put yourself mentally in the cockpit of the tiny thing.  Lots of maintenance involved, and expense, but very very fun.

Stickers