Rob

CAPS USED IN MULTIPLE AMPS

I have been looking for a post that has a list of caps that can be used in multiple amps so I can buy a few and keep in my containers. Mainly the large caps for the amp and power supply. Are they all different for each amp?

• Thank You 2

Stickers

4 hours ago, Rob said:

I have been looking for a post that has a list of caps that can be used in multiple amps so I can buy a few and keep in my containers. Mainly the large caps for the amp and power supply. Are they all different for each amp?

Electrolytic capacitors degrade over time.  They degrade fastest when no forming voltage is applied (out of circuit, just sitting in storage).  While you can still purchase viable NOS semiconductor devices, the same can't be said of electrolytics; it's much better to purchase when needed rather than storing for the future

• Thank You 2

Stickers

4 minutes ago, RichP714 said:

Electrolytic capacitors degrade over time.  They degrade fastest when no forming voltage is applied (out of circuit, just sitting in storage).  While you can still purchase viable NOS semiconductor devices, the same can't be said of electrolytics; it's much better to purchase when needed rather than storing for the future

Completely understand about the time thing and sitting around too long. Just didn't know if sitting around for a few months would effect them very much.

• Thank You 1

Stickers