Rob

What are you drinking?

10 minutes ago, BarryG said:

Can’t have alcohol!  I miss a good dark porter!

32279DB6-FC65-4976-A2BF-BBC2EBBE34FF.png

I love coffee too. 

Stickers

4 minutes ago, Receiver2000 said:

All Kitchenaid.  Unfortunately, mixed reaction to their products😟.

I feel the same towards Bosch. 

Stickers

1 hour ago, Receiver2000 said:

All Kitchenaid.  Unfortunately, mixed reaction to their products😟.

They are all Whirlpool.., of course. and, well, that about says it all..., 

Nothing lasts like the old appliances of the last century...  10 years at best, then new ones... throw-away economy, at high prices.

🙄

• Thank You 3

Stickers

On 6/28/2020 at 11:12 AM, AndrewJohn said:

They are all Whirlpool.., of course. and, well, that about says it all..., 

Nothing lasts like the old appliances of the last century...  10 years at best, then new ones... throw-away economy, at high prices.

🙄

Just after a divorce in 1986, I bought a GE washer, dryer, and refridgerator with 5 year warranties. 6 months out of warranty, the compressor on the refridgerator died, the transmission went out of the washer, and the power strip that distributes the electricity in the dryer went up in smoke.

The refridgerator required a repairman, and it was a known issue with a service bulletin. Because it was out of warranty though, I had to pay for the repairman's labor. The other two, I fixed myself.

I was working for GE at the time, so one day I got to work early, dug through the GE phone directory, and I called the Quality Control Manager at Appliance Park where most of the GE major appliances were made. I told him the story of the breakdowns, actually reamed his ass over the quality, told him that products like that made me ashamed to be a GE employee, and he humbly just took it. When I finished, he acknowledged they had serious quality issues during that period, and they were mostly resolved. He also said that he knew that doesn't help me out any. He asked if I had receipts for the parts and the refridgerator repair.  I told him yes, and he asked me to fax those receipts to his fax number along with the number of hours I spent repairing the washer and dryer. He asked for my wage or salary, and it was $15/hr at that time. He said he'd make it right.

3 weeks later I got a check in the mail for the out of pocket refriderator repair, parts for washer/dryer, and $20/hr for my labor.

The refridgerator and dryer have both been replaced, but I still use the same washing machine. It will have 35 years of use early next year.

Last summer I wrote a letter to the QC Manager at Appliance Park, telling him this same story, and how much I appreciate the way they took care of the problem 29 years ago, and how happy I am that the washing machine is still in service. I got a polite thank you a few weeks later, but I got the impression that the QC manager's politeness was a little forced, like "dammit, they're not supposed to last that long. No wonder we're in such trouble." 

They don't fix 'em like they used to. :D

• Thank You 2

Stickers

Cracking open a bottle of Michael David Winery "Freakshow". **))

Their Petite Petit is also fabulous for all you wine lovers out there.:--D

KIMG1198.JPG

• That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1

I need to try that one. Thanks.  MD makes Earthquake also. Earthquake Zin has become more sweet but is still good for after dinner. Lodi is known for their Zins. I like what's in the background of that bottle. That will make any wine a good bottle😄.

Predator and Klinker Brick are a couple other unbelievable Lodi Zins for the money. Why, I think that I may have to open one!!! Here is the MD Earthquake Zin.

20200629_171646_compress46.jpg

• That Rocks 1

2 minutes ago, Receiver2000 said:

Predator and Klinker Brick are a couple other unbelievable Lodi Zins for the money. Why, I think that I may have to open one!!! Here is the MD Earthquake Zin.

20200629_171646_compress46.jpg

I need to try that one out!

Here is my wine rack from my bachelor days...wait...I'am still a bachelor. lol

Try the following wines:

Layer Cake Cab- Bourbon barrel aged - 2017) (Layer cake wines)

Ravage Cab - 2014 (Ravage wines)

Santa Julia Reserva Malbec - 2013

The Rackhouse Cab - 2016 (Valle De Zonda)

Liberty School Cab - 2017 (Pasa Robles)

Carnivor Cab - 2017 (Carnivor Wines)

KIMG11991.jpg

• That Rocks 4

Drinking the balvenie 14 year aged single malt scotch to celebrate my 100th post and becoming an official member! 😁

• That Rocks 3

1 hour ago, RodH said:

<kraken rum>

We get the 45% version here.......

Have you tried Bumbu? It's like liquid caramel.

12291737157662.png

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

Stickers

2 hours ago, aceman117 said:

Drinking the balvenie 14 year aged single malt scotch to celebrate my 100th post and becoming an official member! 😁

One more post should do it.  :D 

I like Balvenie too. I have a friend that always has a bottle of it stashed.

• That Rocks 2

Stickers

1 hour ago, Dadvw said:

Happy Birthday to me!!!!!!

F8B7D8EF-697E-46E5-9F8A-ACC70F0054D7.jpegHappy Birthday! That's some good stuff! 😁

• Thank You 1

Back to the McMasters and Canada Dry on ice. 🥃

• Thank You 1

Stickers

Posted (edited)

Another one of my favorite German beers. If you like a wheat beer, this one is really smooth and great tasting.

IMG_4912.JPG

Edited by Rob

Stickers