Some pics

Sk1Bum

@Brian_at_HHH's pics hosted at his web site are only showing up as:

OCCD_Lives_Here.jpg

I have all shields and blockers turned off here, and this happens with Brave, Chrome, and Edge.

Is this just me?

Oh, I can right click, load in new page, and the pic loads in the new page.

• Confused? 1

• The title was changed to Some pics

I have no idea why @Sk1Bum - even if I connect from a different PC as a guest user, it appears when I look, and according to others I've talked with, these pics work for them.  You "seem" to be the only one that isn't having any luck - at least you are the only one who comments you can't see it, and for you, it seems to be consistent.

What browser do you use?  I can try to set up a test that mimicks what you are doing to see if I can cause things to hiccup and then figure out what to do.

Perhaps there's something specific in just the settings I have for the images that is requiring you to expicitly load them, but to be honest, they should be pretty simple.

Any luck on this one:

Carver.jpg

The link is just this:   http://www.hedgehoghollow.com/CBang/Carver.jpg 

The actual HTML is really simple.  It does set a size and an alternate image - which I expect is what you see - just he little glyph that shows it's not loaded.  

Do other images that are 'linked' show for you?

26 minutes ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

I have no idea why @Sk1Bum - even if I connect from a different PC as a guest user, it appears when I look, and according to others I've talked with, these pics work for them.  You "seem" to be the only one that isn't having any luck - at least you are the only one who comments you can't see it, and for you, it seems to be consistent.

What browser do you use?  I can try to set up a test that mimicks what you are doing to see if I can cause things to hiccup and then figure out what to do.

Perhaps there's something specific in just the settings I have for the images that is requiring you to expicitly load them, but to be honest, they should be pretty simple.

Any luck on this one:

Carver.jpg

The link is just this:   http://www.hedgehoghollow.com/CBang/Carver.jpg 

The actual HTML is really simple.  It does set a size and an alternate image - which I expect is what you see - just he little glyph that shows it's not loaded.  

Do other images that are 'linked' show for you?

Yours are the only ones that fail to load, and it's all of them.

2 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

I have all shields and blockers turned off here, and this happens with Brave, Chrome, and Edge.

I don't know if quoting you will show the pic for you, but all I see is a very small icon followed by Carver.jpg. All browsers. 

@Sk1Bum The images are a raw link. I see no reason why they'd be blocked unless you are blocking some IP range on your end. Try loading the images on your phone using 4G or a different wi-fi network to see if that works.

Oddly enough, Greg, when he clicks on them they open.

I'll see if I can regenerate them with some other s/w.  I think I used Photoshop to make them, but if I open and save them in something else, perhaps it will help.

Or maybe he just doesn't like hedgehogs...  😊

I guess it's the Brave browser. When I signed out from C! with Chrome, and then signed back in, the images loaded. Signing out/in with Brave didn't work even with the shields turned off. I'll dig around in the settings and see if I can make it work.

Thanks y'all.

Okay, @Sk1Bum - here are 4 different variations of the Carver image I have.  These were all made with different s/w and I varied options to try to dumb down the image.

Option 1:

Carver1.jpg

Option 2:

Carver2.jpg

Option 3:

Carver3.jpg

Option 4:

Carver4.jpg

Do ANY of these load for you?   :-$

They all did. I found a buried setting in Brave that wouldn't allow unsecured content. I changed it to allow for C!, and the images popped up.

Thanks for all your helps folks!

• That Rocks 1

4 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

I guess it's the Brave browser.

Interesting?   I'll go play around with it.  I have that installed, but I typically use Opera, FF and Chrome.

1 minute ago, Sk1Bum said:

They all did. I found a buried setting in Brave that wouldn't allow unsecured content. I changed it to allow for C!, and the images popped up.

Thanks for all your helps folks!

Kewl - nice to know what the root cause was, in case others get caught.  Thanks!!!  :)~^

2 minutes ago, RodH said:

My high performance alcohol fuel operations have nothing to do with your current predicament.

Exactly!