Just joined - hello from SoCal!

My audio odyssey has included many types of speakers and amplification and has led me to find that I prefer at least some tube amplification in my system (I guess I like that kind of distortion) and that I must have vinyl around to play when I have the time but that other formats are quite handy.  I've not ventured into Carver equipment in the past because it seemed SS oriented when I was very focused on tube amplification.  Now I see that Senor Carver has created some very nice tube equipment that I'd like to explore.  In the immediate future, however, I've acquired a C-1 that I'd like to update/refurbish with BillD mods for which I see there is a lot of information here and elsewhere to digest.  Alas, I have few skills in the area and I hope to meet up with folks here that can help in my quest.  Oh, yeah, and I like a good Porter or Stout.

• Thank You 6
  • That Rocks 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome @Web, There are plenty of members here to help you with just about anything. This is a great site period. Enjoy and welcome.

Fotolia_9058674_XS.jpg

• Thank You 1

Hello Web, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

We have an active tube contingent here, preamps, amps, buffers, cd players... I'm sure y'all will find plenty to chat about. My only foray into tubes is a buffer I run in my external processor loop.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Welcome @Web..., with that description, I think you will fit right in !! 

Remember, you are embarking on a journey..., with no end to the road... 😉 

@everyone - Hey, wow, thank you all!  I sure didn't expect this warm response. 

@Sk1Bum - My stepfather's favorite saying: illegitimus noncarborundum - so appropriate these days, no?

@Dennis47 - don't know, but the Crimson sure looks good to me.  I have a lot of research to do.  😀

@Zenith4me - heard that; everytime I see bad weather for other parts of the country I am grateful for the time I get to spend here. 

Happy 4th of July everyone - stay safe!!!

• Thank You 2

Welcome.jpg

Welcome @Web!  Even though I'm using primarily SS Carver gear, I completely get the love of"that kind of distortion" from tubes (I'm happy to have a tube buffer in my setup at least).  There are plenty of folks here who know their way around the BillD mods for the C1 (which are fantastic, BTW), and plenty who can speak to the virtues of Bob's Crimson amps, too.

For now, relax, and enjoy the music, while you tilt a Porter or Stout, and when you can post some pics of what you're listening to.  Take care and stay well!

Welcome aboard @Web!  Glad you found us here and I'm certain you'll find info pertaining to all things Carver around here.

So kick back, grab a drink and stay awhile.  And we love pics around here, lots of pics of your setup.

Happy 4th of July!

Warm welcome from warm, er.....SoCal!

If you're into this "thing of ours", there's no better place to be. But beware: if you haven't seen it on CNN, there's a site-grown malaise called the OCCD virus that is much more virulent than that less contagious  -19.

In fact, the CDC and Dr Fauci  have raised the white flag and accepted defeat-no vaccine in sight for at least 100 years. Makes your immune system totally ineffective against enablers like kve777,  Daddyjt, Sk1Bum, and other hopeless carriers.

No economic stimulus will help maintain peace with the wife, either.  

*****  Breaking News *****

The CDC just announced that the OCCD virus actually helps prolong life, if you're lucky to make it past your wife.

:P :--D :D :ph34r:xD    

• Haha 4