Hi I’m new here!

Hello I’m a novice audiophile, I started way back when I saved up to a buy a Sony ES receiver (late 80’s I believe, i was in high school) and still today I love to find vintage amps and speakers. Carver amps have always been the best to me so I’m excited to be a part of this group. Im in Los Angeles 

• Thank You 8

Hi Ln310

Welcome welcome!!!!  Great to have you with us. There is lots of experience and knowledge around here. And a great group of guys who are always willing to help.  And it is just lots of fun. Enjoy!!!!

• Thank You 1

I have Yamaha AV V665 receiver w/a vintage Yamaha direct drive turntable, B&W front speakers, NHT rear speakers and an Advent subwoofer w/a built in 500 watt Sunfire Amp. I use a B&W Zeppelin in my bedroom, an old Nakamichi CD player speaker unit in the study and a very old B&O CD/audio cassette player in the study. The Advent sub is a bit much for my apartment and I’m looking to unload it. 

• That Rocks 8

"Advent subwoofer w/a built in 500 watt Sunfire Amp" ???

Uh, wow! That will have our collective attention.😀

Once you have a few more posts, we would love to see pics of that.

And a vintage Yamaha TT? Which model?

B&O. There is an interesting item.

Which Carver pieces have caught your attention?

• Thank You 1

Hello Ln310, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

That's an interesting assortment of gear you have there. Like RodH said, the Advent sub with a Sunfire amp caught my attention. I look forward to seeing pictures of all your gear.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

It’s a Yamaha D6 TT. 

ive always liked the Sunfire Cinema for my needs-i have a small apartment so one day i

aspire to a dedicated audio room for music listening (I’m a musician) and I’d love a pair of Legacy Accents or even Martin Logan electrostats (totally different sound, i

know) and in that case I’d go with an M1.5 amp

this is bad time economy wise to audio equip dream, but I have been playing/writing more music at least. 

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 3

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to the group!  Very nice couple of setups, you have.   I'd say there's nothing novice about your status.  

I can can imagine that the sub us likely a bit much for an appt. - probably more suited to, um, maybe a stadium...  :D

Let us know your musical interests, and relax and enjoy the music - while trying not to rattle dishes in the nearby apartments ... too much.

4 hours ago, Ln310 said:

The TDR 2400 double cassette in another piece id love to have. 

Welcome to the site! If you would have been here a year ago I would have given you one.......grin. I see them from time to time on the bay.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, PMAT said:

Thanks for joining us here at the Carver Nuthouse. Don’t be shy, jump right in.

I thought this was the OCCD house......I might be in the wrong place.....grin

• Haha 2

Welcome !!

Time to slide some main line Carver amplification into the signal chain !!

Thanks for joining us. We appreciate having new members on the site.

EDIT - I almost forgot - be wary of a particular member that goes by RodH. If you get a PM from him regarding sheep or goats please report to the Community Admin so he can reel him back in. He's mostly harmless - unless you are a sheep or goat...

• Haha 3
  • Confused? 1

Welcome to The Carver Site @Ln310!  There's a bunch of great folks in here who'll definitely feed your OCCD and help out any way they may.  We all love lots of pics too, must put up some pics after you have a few posts put up.  So kick back, put on some tunes to enjoy and stay awhile.  OCCD alive and well in here.

• That Rocks 1

On 7/12/2020 at 3:19 PM, Ln310 said:

Hello I’m a novice audiophile, I started way back when I saved up to a buy a Sony ES receiver (late 80’s I believe, i was in high school) and still today I love to find vintage amps and speakers. Carver amps have always been the best to me so I’m excited to be a part of this group. Im in Los Angeles 

Welcome. You are in a great place for gear. It seems there are always bargains showing n California and Florida. Always too far away for me. LOL     You will find a wealth of knowledge here and people always willing to share and help.

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Welcome, @Ln310,  to the Jungle ..., to our jungle..., er, I mean, The Carver Site!

This economic thing will pass, and if you hang with us "enablers" that long, you'll soon be pushing that receiver through a couple of Carver M1.0t MKII modded power amps, and you'll know what speakers were designed to do !  LoL.

What kind of gigs, music, do you play?

Glad you joined.  Welcome.  Your journey into OCCD starts NOW.

tenor.gif

Edited by AndrewJohn
  • That Rocks 1

@Dadvw long ago I was in a national touring band that played world music/jazz fusion. I retired from touring when I was 23, after having played thousands of shows. I’ve been playing shows with that band for decades but our touring recordings are mostly on audio cassette. The stuff I play independently As a singer/songwriter is more down tempo pop, but the stuff I play when I do shows is percussion based. I’m a percussionist and i write songs on piano and guitar, though I’d hardly call myself a guitarist or pianist.  

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1