New Vinyl Releases

SteveFord

Happy New year folks...it's been a while. I love how this post jumped from the last post three years ago, to minutes ago...it's a great topic. Going back to late '09 when Music Matters started remastering  all of Rudy Van Gelders original Blue Note recordings at 45 rpm, i got hooked and haven't looked back. It's been four plus years of subscription patronage and one hundred plus recordings of the most brilliant music ever re-recorded that make this series very special...check them out and enjoy...

That's what happens when the supply runs out.

I think my copy of Hot Rats was $30 last Summer.

Check Amazon once a month to see what's new or else the sharks will eat you up.

• 8 months later...

Woohoo! November 10th baby! eusa_dance.gif 

Pink Floyd has announced the track list for their much anticipated next album, The Endless River, as well as the album art; the latter appeared on buildings in 10 cities, including New York and Los Angeles.

The album, as previously reported, is taken from outtakes from the band’s most recent studio album in 1994, which featured the lineup of guitarist/singer David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and the late Richard Wright on keyboards and vocals. Wright succumbed to cancer in 2008.

The Division Bell
The Endless River will be available on standard CD, double vinyl and as a deluxe box set that includes 39-minutes of extra material. 

• Thank You 3

• 1 month later...
Pink Floyd's "Endless River" Sets New Record for Amazon UK Pre-Orders!

In news that should surprise absolutely no one, Pink Floyd's new album "The Endless River" is selling like crazy in the band’s native U.K.

Advance purchases for the project, which serves as the first piece of new Pink Floyd product in 20 years and is said to be the band’s swan song, have topped the Amazon UK charts — and sold so many copies along the way that the album is now the most pre-ordered in the store’s history."It's an outstanding achievement for Pink Floyd," enthused senior Amazon executive Steve Bernstein, adding that this latest achievement "proves they remain one of the most popular groups to grace the U.K. music scene."

As Classic Rock Magazine reports, "The Endless River" is outselling upcoming releases from a number of top British acts, including One Direction, Robbie Williams, Coldplay and Susan Boyle — not too shabby for a band that released its first album way back in 1967.

Meanwhile, as of this writing, Amazon’s U.S. store shows "The Endless River" at No. 2 on the Best Sellers chart, sandwiched between Taylor Swift's "1989" and Barbra Streisand's "Partners." Might be time to step up your game, American Pink Floyd fans.

I pre-ordered "Endless River" Vinyl a month ago. I ordered direct from the LZ sight as I wanted the artist to get the most from my purchase. Now with the Technics SL-1600 with a Stranton 6800 series cart that I just happily bought from Kevin, running through my BillD moded C1 and a TFM25 with a Grant tube buffer, I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

20141104171538657.png 

I got mine yesterday. Listened to it front to back. It's like going to the Church of Led Zep. Dynamics Great, Mixing Great. Vocals almost none, only on one cut. Lots of Zep organ and a little guitar (little zips here and there)-all zep. Very mellow album well suited to the Bedroom TT system or to a conversation friendly gathering of friends and family. 
Glad I bought it.
Was it what I expected-No. 

• 3 years later...

I just got off the phone with Music Direct, and these will be the next few releases of the Mobile Fidelity 1 Step 45 RPM albums:

• Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water        $99
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand The Weather   $125
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood                               $125
  • Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks                                 $125
  • Marvin Gaye - What's Goin' On?                                    $125
  • Bill Evans Trio Sunday At The Village Vanguard         I don't know. I didn't order this one--yet.

Simon & Garfunkel Bridge Over Troubled Water can be pre-ordered online, but you have to call to order the others. 1-800-449-8333  

Sk1Bum wrote " I don't know. I didn't order this one--yet."

?"Have another hit..." "One toke over the line Sweet Jesus, one toke over the line..."

You seem to have the 'vinyl habit' real bad, Sk1Bum! Did they give you the 1st one for free? ?

Interesting that those prices are pretty much close to the max I'd pay for these remastered classics, Sk1. Guess they've done their marketing homework (as any good pusher would!).

J/k....Enjoy! Might try one the SRV's....

Edited by elgrau

I do love my vinyl.

So far, everyone of these Mofi UD1S releases have doubled in price once the pressing was done. The first one was Santana Abraxas. I've not seen them up for auction often, but they've always been listed at more than double, even opened... I have no idea if anyone is completing sales at those prices.

ebay

Discogs

One toke would be one toke over the line. I've not partaken of the herb since Feb 7, 1991. At that time it had been 5 years since I'd imbibed, and after 2 tokes, I told my buddies I was good for another 5 years. Is it 1996 yet? ;)

Maybe if they make it legal in Missouri...

Edited by Sk1Bum

1 hour ago, Sk1Bum said:

I do love my vinyl.

So far, everyone of these they've Mofi UD1S releases have doubled in price once the pressing was done. The first one was Santana Abraxas. I've not seen them up for auction often, but they've always been listed at more than double, even opened... I have no idea if anyone is completing sales at those prices.

ebay

Discogs

One toke would be one toke over the line. I've not partaken of the her86b since Feb 7, 1991. At that time it had been 5 years since I'd imbibed, and after 2 tokes, I told my buddies I was good for another 5 years. Is it 1996 yet? ;)re

Maybe if they make it legal in Missouri...

I sold my new copy of Abraxas last summer for $386 + 14 shipping.  Bought it October 2016 directly from MOFI for $107.  When The Nightfly became available I pre-ordered 2 of them, and pre-ordered 2 Bridge Over Troubled Waters.

Mark

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, gold98gtp said:

I sold my new copy of Abraxas last summer for $386 + 14 shipping.  Bought it October 2016 directly from MOFI for $107.  When The Nightfly became available I pre-ordered 2 of them, and pre-ordered 2 Bridge Over Troubled Waters.

Mark

The salesperson at Music Direct told me that BOTW should be shipping next month. 

After listening to The Nightfly a couple of times, I've decided this was money well spent. Even though I got thoroughly burned out on BOTW when it was released, I look forward to busting open a one of these copies and giving it a spin.

Ditto for Stevie Ray, Dylan, Marvin Gaye, and the Bill Evans Trio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got an email from Music Direct that Simon & Garfunkel Bridge Over Troubled Water  UD1S-004 will be here Thursday. I'm anxious to give it a spin.

Ana Popovic's new album Like It On Top is available for preorder now. This album is produced by Keb Mo, and features guest artists Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Robben Ford, and Keb Mo.  It will be released September 14. 2018

Ooops, Like It On Top is only available on CD.

Edited by Sk1Bum

12 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

Ana Popovic's new album Like It On Top is available for preorder now. This album is produced by Keb Mo, and features guest artists Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Robben Ford, and Keb Mo.  It will be released September 14. 2018

... based on that video I'd like it on to top too! (or on the bottom or from behind or sideways or upside down...)