The Foundation 'trilogy' coming to video?

RichP714

Looking forward to it.  I have been watching for more news on this.  

Last year I read the trilogy plus "Foundation's Edge" and "Foundation and Earth" again.  I was probably 16 when I read it the first time.  Then a second time in my 30's while in the Navy on deployment.   Hard to believe that "Foundation" was first published in 1951.

• That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 3

13 minutes ago, dennismiller55 said:

Looking forward to it.  I have been watching for more news on this.  

Last year I read the trilogy plus "Foundation's Edge" and "Foundation and Earth" again.  I was probably 16 when I read it the first time.  Then a second time in my 30's while in the Navy on deployment.   Hard to believe that "Foundation" was first published in 1951.

I've had a practically parallel experience with the story; IMO, it's wonderfully told by Asimov.  Isn't 'pebble in the sky' also loosely related to the foundation?

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 2

This is one of my favorites series.

I know of six books; Prelude to Foundation, Foundation, Foundation And Empire, Second Foundation, Foundation's Edge, and Foundation And Earth.

Long live Hari Seldon. :D

• That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 3

Looks like  we have a Asimov fan club here.

Most of his book are related in some way to the same Foundation universe and empire.  One character that plays prominent role through out this Galactic Empire and in the Foundation series is the Robot R. Daneel Olivaw.

There are three books on my wish list related to this series and known as the "Second Foundation Trilogy" .   Written by other authors and supposedly completes the unfinished saga.

"Foundation's Fear" by Gregory Benford

"Foundation and Chaos" by Greg Bear

"Foundation's Triumph" by David Brin

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 2