New member from North Carolina

3 minutes ago, Walrus Gumboot said:

You have quite the welcome crew on this site.

I wasn't sure if I would get any flak about owning the Bose 901's, nice to see someone else owns some...although, I do wonder what speakers pair best with the

Carver CT-7 and M 4.0T

Flak or no, if they sound good to you, that's all that matters.

I've said several times that if 2 cans and a string sound good to someone,  they're thousands of dollars ahead of me. :D

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 3

I'll second what @Sk1Bum said.  If they sound good to you, that's all that matters!  No matter what you have, there will always be "better" speakers, and "worse" ones. 

Enjoy the music, and I do like your name!  :D

• Thank You 2

I have no advice for you, but good luck on the beltectomy!  Hope it goes great for you!  ~^

Grab some photos of that, while you are at it.  :D

Edited by Brian_at_HHH
  • Haha 2

The "Beltectomy" was successful, the tray now opens and closes successfully but the display says "disk" when I try to play a cd. 

The guts and fix for the belt looks very much like this video:  How to fix Carver DTL 50 cd player belts  but despite the fix, I never heared the cd spin.  :( 

Based on my research so far, it appears to be a dead motor, which is a common problem amongst all aged cd players.

All in all, replacing the belts was pretty easy, especially if you take off several of the screws which hold down the belt wheels .

Edited by Walrus Gumboot
  • That Rocks 1

Hey WG

Happy that the procedure went well!!! I had a couple Carver CD players back in the mid 80's. Unfortunately, neither worked for very long but damn they looked good with my Carver receiver. Hope you get yours going again. 

Very nice start!!! I sure love mine. Bought it new in 1985, listened to it continuously for years, went to storage when I was busy with my kids with no time when they were young and got it out of storage less than a year ago and right back into it. Had to have it serviced a couple months ago when it started to cut out but the Carversite guys fixed me right up with a great guy to fix it. I listen to it loud through Thiel CS2's. Mostly vocal, acoustical, jazz and softer rock.