New Member from CLE

Hi Everyone, just joined but have been Carver fam for 30 years. I used a 1.5 as amp in my radio production studio for about 25 years (which was a little overkill!) till it started going bad and they put some crappy 75watt crown amp in which died in a few years. I also have a TX2 tuner I have had for about 20 years and a year ago picked up a 732 receiver which is in the shop as it had a power supply issue so looking forward to using.

• Thank You 6
  • That Rocks 2

Welcome @mdb007 to the Carversite. Looks like you are a seasoned Carver enthusiast and we are happy to see you here. You have a great group of people here to help your every (Carver) want, need, and inquiry. The Admins will chime in shortly and welcome you and after a few posts you will be able to post pics of your system, which we all will be anxious to see. We like pics. Enjoy!!~^

Fotolia_9058674_XS.jpg

• Thank You 1

Hello mdb007, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Do you still have the M-1.5? If so, there are folks here that can possibly help you get it going again.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 3

Thanks Rob, looking forward to getting the 732 back from shop in a couple weeks. I found a great honest, capable reasonably priced tech here. He just resurrected a Sony PCM 2600 DAT deck for me and he is looking forward to working on the Carver. I almost got a 1700 Cassette deck last year but was outbid in the end, so thats still on a wish list.

Bill

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

Hello mdb007, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Do you still have the M-1.5? If so, there are folks here that can possibly help you get it going again.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

No I do not have, it was owned by the radio station. I don't know what happened to it, I hope they didn't throw it out I would have taken and repaired it. It only broke once in 25 years and the engineer showed me the crazy power rail when he repaired it.

• Thank You 2

WELCOME @mdb007!

Glad to have ya here.~^

5 hours ago, mdb007 said:

Thanks Charlie looking forward to finding out about some Carver gear  or issues I might not be aware of.

You're in the right place....

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Welcome, @mdb007  You'll like the 732. I have one, it's been in and out of my garage system a few times.

Keep your eyes on the prize..., that 1.5 you remember, could be your next OCCD target.  

OCCD - It's a "journey" not a destination.

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

Welcome, @mdb007  You'll like the 732. I have one, it's been in and out of my garage system a few times.

Keep your eyes on the prize..., that 1.5 you remember, could be your next OCCD target.  

OCCD - It's a "journey" not a destination.

Yeah I wouldn't mine having one for my collection. I think I recall reading a story on a pro sound magazine Springsteen using stacks of those PM-1.5's on one of his late 80s tours. It was a bullet proof amp.