Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, I've finally passed the Novice level, so I can post pics of my system, and do it on the proper forum!!!

As I mentioned in my new member intro, this has been a 15++ year long journey in the making (and I am not done by any means)!  This is my current setup in the basement of my new house since my divorce!

644771367_AudioNirvana.thumb.jpg.7b279ced0f2c2a1fe68384d74db9be37.jpg

I am running a Sunfire 300x2, C-16, SDA-490T, TX-12 (going upstairs to bedroom since I don't use this system for radio), TD-1770, BSR EQ3000, Realistic APM-500, MSB Link DAC, and Avid Diva II turntable!

Some changes are coming - as I said, MSB and TX-12 are moving to other systems in my house, and C-16 getting replaced by C-19 once I am done modifying it!  I had some neighbors over for a vinyl session the other night, and I got a lot of "Wow, can't believe how clean that sound is" and "this is incredible"!  Now they know what I get to experience on most of my evenings!  It felt real good inside to know that I had a system that can "Wow" people!  It has taken a very long time and a lot of trial, error, and financial workings to get where I am today!  Everybit worth it!

Neil

Edited by 2chGearBuff
Removed duplicate text
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 10

Nice system!

I'm very interested in your rack. Did you design and build it, or purchase it if I may ask? I'm finished with building my system component wise, but need to finalize my stereo rack. Still considering options.

• Thank You 2

The rack was one I bought many years ago, gosh back in the 90's from a store in our mall that sold audio gear and audio furniture!  Solid oak, well oak plywood.  Definitely not the cheapo stuff you see nowadays!  The low stand next to it was the matching TV stand!  Bought them as a set.  I think I paid over $350 back in the 90's, so wee quite expensive!

• That Rocks 2
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tom W said:

I never said it to a guy before, but you do have a nice rack. It looks like it was made to order, for your gear.

I have to admit, my gear does fit rather well in the rack!  And damn it, yes it does look good!   Very solid also, not that cheap shit the stores put out currently.  I have toyed with making a custom rack, something with a mix of metal and wood, but by the time I look at the costs, then I look at what I have and say, not worth it!

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, and it is the Model 16 and can handle up to 16 amps.  However, with my setup, that may not be enough!   I got it at such a great price, it was almost like I was stealing it.  I remember, bought it years ago and have been happy ever since!  I have a Monster Power HTS 2600 upstairs in my HT setup.  Paid a bit more for that, but still feel the Powevar is a better unit! Although it doesn't have switched outlets like the 2600, so that is one plus for the Monster Power unit.